Sr. Project Manager (PMP)
Lets get started!
This job is responsible for definition, planning and delivery of complex programs that require cross-functional collaboration and management of interdependencies between a group of projects and/or related activities within the constraint of scope, quality, time and budget. Includes the management of a group of internal exempt and/or matrixed employees and contractors that serve on the program(s) to deliver solutions for the business.
• Work with business and technical organizations to drive out program strategy and approach.
• Organize, plan, and maintain Program roadmap consisting of cross-functional activities/projects.
• Work with business and technical organizations to assemble project teams.
• Lead Project Managers and Program team in the development and maintenance of comprehensive plans for a defined program.
• Work with Executive Sponsor and Business Owner of a Program, and other management as required, to achieve the Program objectives.
• Acquire understanding of the business objectives for an assigned area."
• Monitor, evaluate and report on Program status inclusive of scope, schedule, budget and alignment to Program and strategic goals.
• Direct corrective action as needed to maintain the viability of the Program.
• Develop and maintain positive customer relationships.
• Deliver presentations of project status to effectively communicate throughout the project lifecycle.
• Adhere to the Organization's project management methods, project lifecycle methodologies, and audit requirements.
• Support and contribute to the improvement of project management methods and practices.
• Other duties as assigned or requested.
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• Four (4) to five (7) years experience in a project manager role for application development projects
• Looking for a technical project manager
• Background as a Developer or Technical Business Analyst
• Leading pre project solutions for projects IE estimations etc.
• Bachelor’s degree
• PMP certification or equivalent training
• Health Care Insurance industry business and operational knowledge
• Experience managing large, complex projects
• Very good leadership skills
• Very good organizational and planning skills
• Experience with an industry standard software development lifecycle
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Experience with customer relationship management
• Presentation skills
• Negotiation skills
• Experience with conflict resolution
• Experience with Risk Mitigation Planning
Murtech is an IT Consulting and Placement firm in Pittsburgh, PA and Independence, OH working nationally. We work hard to be your partner and we take on your career/hiring needs as our own. We strive to earn and maintain the trust of the people with whom we work. Murtech's benefits are second to none.
Role: Sr. Project Manager (PMP)
Location: City of Pittsburgh,
Apply for this job now.