This individual will work on establishing an effective, safe and healthy working environment for all employees, partners and users of our products and services, in cooperation with Regional Managers and Corporate Safety Groups. This person directs the overall safety and environmental policy for the Minerals Processing business groups based in Salt Lake City, Utah. This position will focus on regulatory compliance, safe working conditions, travel security, and product safety for employees, partners and users of our products and services. Provides technical assistance and support regarding HSE issues to all levels of staff within the organization. This position trains and educates personnel in the safety statutes, requirements, and safety skills needed to perform their work safely.
Advanced knowledge of Safety, Health and Environmental subjects - with extensive knowledge of Mining, Minerals, and related industries and customers including Operation and Maintenance within the minerals industry.
• Extensive expertise and detailed knowledge of Industrial Safety, OSHA, MSHA, and other regulatory agencies and their organization, reporting requirements, personnel, procedures, mandatory training, fines and citations and appeal process and procedures.
• Knowledge of safety and environmental standards applicable to Minerals Laboratory testing
• Demonstrated strong managerial, analytical, organizational, administrative and problem solving skills. Skilled in audit processes and related functions.
• Bachelor of Science, with specialized training in Safety, Health and Environmental subjects and 10 years minimum progressive industry experience.
• Knowledge or experience in developing certified safety management systems to international standards.
Recruitment Agency for a Market Leader in the Minerals Processing Industry
Role: Safety, Health and Environmental Manager
Apply for this job now.