Do you want to work for a stable, growing organization that reaches back more than 130 years Our steel tube and pipe products have helped build landmarks and buildings in North America; Come build your career at Zekelman Industries.
Z-Modular, a division of Zekelman Industries, seeks a Carpenter for our location in Birmingham, AL. Reporting to the Shop Foreman, the carpenters are responsible for constructing Z-Modular product properly.
- Inspect for safety, changes and progress and communicate effectively to team.
- Manage team members and validate their work regularly.
- Analyze construction blueprints and plans to create timeline, project layouts, and resource needs, Framecad experience a plus.
- Prepare, build, repair, and remodel project elements as needed.Works in a safe manner
- Other duties as instructed by supervisor
The ideal candidate for this role will have a high school diploma, trade certification, and at least five years of previous experience leading a team of construction workers.
- Bend, twist, stoop, sit, kneel, crawl, push and pull. Able to reach in all directions
- Walk and stand for extended periods of time to cover 10 - 12 hour shifts
- Other physical requirements as needed for job
- Legally eligible to work in the United States
Zekelman Industries offers competitive compensation and excellent benefits, including low cost, high quality medical and dental benefits. In addition, we have an amazing tuition assistance program, a bonus plan, a 401(k) plan with a generous company match, immediate vesting and much more.
Zekelman Industries is the largest independent steel pipe and tube manufacturer in North America. Along with our operating divisions of Atlas Tube, Wheatland Tube, Picoma, Sharon Tube, Z Modular, and Western Tube, we are the most trusted and comprehensive resource for structural application-specific tubular steel products and solutions in the country.
Producing approximately 2.5 million tons of pipe and tube annually in our 15 manufacturing plants, we pride ourselves on having the knowledge and expertise to deliver your steel pipe and tube solutions throughout North America.
Apply for this job now.