Our client is a leading manufacturer of Automotive and Medical Device component manufacturing based near the Fort Lauderdale Florida area. They are looking for a Sales Engineer to be part of their Engineering team and serve customers by identifying their needs; engineering adaptations of products, equipment, and services.
Sales Engineer Job Duties:
- Identifies current and future customer service requirements by establishing personal rapport with potential and actual customers and other persons in a position to understand service requirements. Provides product, service, or equipment technical and engineering information by answering questions and requests.
- Establishes new accounts and services accounts by identifying potential customers; planning and organizing sales call schedule.
- Prepares cost estimates by studying prints, plans, and related customer documents; consulting with engineers, designers, toolmakers, and other professional and technical personnel.
- Determines improvements by analyzing cost-benefit ratios of equipment, supplies, or service applications in customer environment; engineering or proposing changes in equipment, processes, or use of materials or services.
- Gains customer acceptance by explaining or demonstrating cost reductions and operations improvements.
- Submits orders by conferring with technical support staff; costing engineering changes.
- Develops customer's staff by providing technical information and training.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating future legislation; advising customer on product, service, or equipment adherence to requirements; advising customer on needed actions.
- Prepares sales engineering reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing sales information and engineering and application trends.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to sales engineering effectiveness by identifying short-term and long-range issues that must be addressed; providing information and commentary pertinent to deliberations; recommending options and courses of action; implementing directives.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Sales Engineer Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree with a minimum 3 years related experience
- Experience with Technical sales and identifying clients needs
- Experience with preparing quotes and estimating for client manufacturing needs
- Experience with Cost Analysis
- Able to identify cost components to provide accurate estimates for clients production needs
- Excellent problem Solving,
- Experience with SAP preferred
- Able to prepare complex bids and presentations
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to multi-task and collaborate with various departments
Premier Placements has been providing recruiting services for over 18 years. We are the recognized leader for our recruiting specialty and expertise in the Manufacturing Industry.
Role: Technical Sales Engineer - Manufacturing
Location: Fort Lauderdale,
Apply for this job now.