Vaquero is seeking a server for its Clubhouse Dining Room. The right candidate should possess an energetic and enthusiastic attitude, with a goal of providing our members and guests with the highest level dining experience. The server will provide information to help food and beverage selections, present ordered choices, and maintain the overall dining ambiance and experience. The server is expected to provide a high standard of service with confidence, promote a professional image and give full cooperation to anyone requiring assistance with a caring attitude. The successful candidate should be service oriented to exceed our members' expectations at all times.
- Prepares room for dining by clothing tables and setting decorations, condiments, candles, napkins, service plates, and utensils.
- Protects establishment and patrons by adhering to sanitation, safety, and alcohol beverage control policies.
- Helps members select food and beverages by presenting menu; offering cocktails and aperitifs; suggesting courses; explaining the chef's specialties; identifying appropriate wines; answering food preparation questions.
- Transmits orders to bar and kitchen by recording members’ choices; identifying members’ special dietary needs and special requests.
- Keeps kitchen staff informed by noting timing of meal progression.
- Serves orders by picking up and delivering members’ choices from bar and kitchen; delivering accompaniments and condiments from service bars.
- Responds to additional member requirements by inquiring of needs; observing dining process.
- Maintains table setting by removing courses as completed; replenishing utensils; refilling water glasses; being alert to patron spills or other special needs.
- Concludes dining experience by acknowledging members (by name), and look forward to their return.
- Obtains revenues by totaling charges and processing total to member account.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- All other tasks as deemed appropriate by the restaurant manager, assistant manager or Executive Chef/F&B Director.
Server Skills and Qualifications:
· Exceptional Member Service Experience
· General Math Skills & Verbal Communication Proficiency
· Team player who looks for ways to help out other employees whenever needed
· Thoroughness, professionalism, friendly, open disposition and positive attitude
· Multi-task oriented, eager to learn and assume responsibilities
· Consistent name recognition of members/guests
· Ability to resolve any potential conflicts
· Must be able to maintain a flexible schedule, particularly for weekend/evening shifts
· High school diploma/GED preferred
Established in 2001, Vaquero occupies 525 acres of what was once the Hunt brothers Circle T Ranch in Westlake, Texas. Discovery Land Company purchased the ranch and developed it into an intimate, utterly private community. The secluded property features rolling hills, a 33,000 square-foot Clubhouse (currently under renovation and expansion and due to re-open in June 2018) and a premiere golf course designed by renowned golf course architect Tom Fazio.
Westlake is one of the most sought-after communities for residents, businesses, and visitors alike. It is also home to Westlake Academy, which is built on the International Baccalaureate (IB) curriculum which stresses inductive learning and was named #37 in the nation by U.S. News & World Reports.
Vaquero is located 15 minutes from the Dallas/Fort Worth Airport and offers ample shopping and dining in the neighboring towns of Southlake, Trophy Club and Roanoke.
The Vaquero Club is a private, equity golf club owned by the members. Club membership is separate from property ownership. There are two types of memberships - golf and social.
Role: Waiter | Waitress | Food Server
Apply for this job now.