Job Title: Salesperson - New and Used
Reports To: Sales Manager
Sells/leases new- and used-vehicles at dealership gross profit, volume, and customer satisfaction standards.
Essential Duties include the following.
Sells and delivers a minimum number of vehicles per month.
Writes complete sales orders and processes paperwork in accordance with dealership policies
Utilizes dealership sales control and follow-up systems.
Attends product and sales training courses as requested by sales manager.
Keeps up-to-date on new products and services within the industry.
Maintains an owner follow-up system that encourages repeat and referral business and contributes to customer satisfaction.
Maintains a prospect development system.
Conducts business in an ethical and professional manner.
Satisfies the transportation needs of vehicle purchasers.
Approaches, greets, and offers assistance or direction to any customer who enters the dealership showroom or sales lot.
Assists customers in selecting a vehicle by asking questions and listening carefully to their responses.
Explains fully product performance, application, and benefits to prospects.
Describes all optional equipment available for customer purchase.
Offers test drives to all prospects. Follows dealership procedure to obtain proper identification from customer prior to test drive.
Exhibits high level of commitment to customer satisfaction.
Knows and understands the federal, state, and local laws which govern retail automobile sales.
Establishes personal income goals that are consistent with dealership standards of productivity, and devises a strategy to meet those goals.
Keeps abreast of new products, features, accessories, etc., and their benefits to customers.
Knows and understands equity and values, and is able to explain depreciation to the customer.
Ensures that the sales manager has an opportunity to meet each customer.
Turns 100 percent of closed deals to finance and insurance manager, along with properly completed paperwork (insurance information, trade title, etc.).
Prepares sold vehicles for customer delivery prior to customer arrival.
Delivers vehicles to customers, ensuring that the customer understands the vehicle's operating features, warranty, and paperwork.
Introduces customers to service department personnel to emphasize to them the quality and efficiency of service repairs and maintenance available in the dealership's service department.
Schedules first service appointment.
Follows up on all post-delivery items, tag/title work, “we-owes”, and special requests to be sure that all customer expectations are met.
Reviews and analyzes actions at the end of each day, week, month, and year to determine how to better utilize time and plans more effectively.
Attends sales meetings.
Maintains professional appearance.
Other duties may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- No prior experience or training.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Some College experience preferred
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, percentages.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Valid Driver's License
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Surroundings - spend time outdoors in the weather and elements; spend time indoors in air-conditioned areas. Sitting - on a regular basis standing - on a regular basis walking - on a regular basis bending, twisting and/or stooping - on a regular basis Kneeling and/or Squatting - infrequently Lifting up to 25 lbs. to 50 lbs. - infrequently
Reaching and/or lifting overhead - infrequently
Climbing Stairs Repetitive hand/finger movement on a regular basis Grasping/grabbing with hands - infrequently pushing and Pulling - infrequently
** This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. While this list is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, the Dealership reserves the right to revise the functions and duties of the job or to require that additional or different tasks be performed when circumstances change (i.e., emergencies, changes in personnel, work load, rush jobs, technological developments, etc...).