Vaxcyte, Inc. (Nasdaq: PCVX) is a next-generation vaccine company seeking to improve global health by developing superior and novel vaccines designed to prevent some of the most common and deadly infectious diseases worldwide. Our exclusively licensed cell-free protein synthesis platform and our proprietary know how enable us to design and produce optimized protein carriers and antigens, the critical building blocks of vaccines, in ways that we believe conventional vaccine technologies cannot. Our pipeline includes pneumococcal conjugate vaccine, or PCV, candidates that we believe are the most broad-spectrum PCV candidates currently in development, targeting the $7 billion global pneumococcal vaccine market. Our lead vaccine candidate, VAX-24, is a preclinical, 24-valent broad-spectrum pneumococcal conjugate PCV with preclinical proof-of-concept demonstrating potential to replace the standard of care that we expect to advance into clinical trials in the second half of 2021. Our pipeline also includes VAX-XP, a PCV with an expanded breadth of coverage of at least 30 strains, including newly emerging strains responsible for invasive pneumococcal disease and antibiotic resistance; VAX-A1, a prophylactic vaccine candidate designed to prevent Group A Strep infections; and VAX-PG, a therapeutic vaccine candidate designed to slow or stop the progression of periodontal disease by targeting the keystone pathogen responsible for this chronic, oral inflammatory disease. We completed our initial public offering in June 2020, raising $287.5 million in gross proceeds.
Vaxcyte is looking for an energetic and talented individual to join our Analytical Development team. Primary responsibility for the incumbent will be to support the developmental activities currently on going in the laboratory as assigned.
- Assist in the design and interpretation of experiments to analyze drug substances and intermediates such as proteins and carbohydrates including:
- Microplate assays
- Assist in analytical method development of new assays
- Knowledge of capillary electrophoresis and/or experience in use of such would be a plus
- Keep accurate and detailed records of experiments in laboratory notebooks
- Summarize data and communicate to analytical team
- Work within a team environment and provide support to further team objectives
- BS in Chemistry, Analytical Chemistry preferred, Organic / Biochemistry considered, with 1 year of relevant experience;
- Ideal candidate will have a background in analytical chemistry principles and hands-on experience with modern analytical instrumentations commonly used in the analysis and characterization of drug candidates. Candidates with other scientific disciplines may be considered based on relevant experience.
- Experience in chemical and biological assays such as colorimetric/fluorimetric microplate assays and HPLC
- Experience working with protein analysis - ELISA/Western blots, CE, BCAs etc.
- Experience working with carbohydrate analysis a plus
- Understanding of basic principles of analytical method development/ validation/ qualification concepts.
- Attention to detail and excellent skills in record keeping / documentation. Critical thinking and ability to analyse data
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in written formats
- Ability to work under supervision in a fast-paced, cross-functional environment and collaborate effectively with other team members. Eagerness and ability to learn and understand new concepts with ease.
Staff Scientist, Analytical Development Location:
Foster City, CACompensation:
The compensation package will be competitive and includes comprehensive benefits and an equity component.