Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Set up and operating CNC Mill and Lathe, and standard machine shop equipment.
- Occasional assembly and testing of small bench top equipment including basic wiring. Previous electrical knowledge not required.
- Clean and deburr finished parts utilizing hand tools, power tools, and machine tools.
- Maintain equipment such as tooling fixtures, measuring devices, and general routine machine maintenance and upkeep.
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of fixtures, tools, and other tooling.
- Occasional shipping and receiving and inventory tasks.
- Must be self-motivated, responsible, able to work independently, and possess a good attitude.
- Adhere to safety rules and practices.
- Proficient at reading and understanding part detail drawings and assembly drawings.
- Must have the knowledge and skills to use and read precision layout and measuring instruments.
- Efficient understanding of GD&T (Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing).
- Must possess the knowledge, skill, and ability to setup and operate CNC mill and lathe, manual drill press, band saw, and other general machine shop machines and tools.
- Ability to load programs to CNC machines.
- Able to test run programs for initial run to ensure adequate programming, interference checks, dimensional checks, and to make feed and speed adjustments.
- CNC programming is not an initial requirement. However, programming efficiently utilizing GibbsCAM will be desired within a reasonable amount of time. Professional training, online training, and in-house training can be made available.
- Ability and confidence to work independently utilizing good judgment.
- Basic computer skills.
- May occasionally lift objects weighing up to 50 pounds. Hand trucks, fork trucks, and other lifting. Moving equipment are always available and are encouraged to be used for the safest environment.
- Ability to learn to operate a fork truck for shipping and receiving product on a very limited basis.
- Minimum of 2-3 years experience preferred
Company Benefits Include:
· Competitive salary
· Retirement Contributions
· Health Insurance benefits, Paid Time Off
· Opportunity for development, growth, and advancement
· Flexible work hours are available for a family friendly environment
Norman Tool is a small family owned business running on a 3rd generation ownership. We build products utilized for testing in the abrasion wear and electronics switch cycling. With a couple of new product lines, our business is increasing with a need for skilled people to help build existing product lines and introduce the production of new products. We are a family friendly company, maintain a good atmosphere, and love to try new things. Training for CNC programming and other skills are available. If you have a passion for manufacturing and building products then Norman Tool is a great place to work.
Role: CNC Machinist and small machine builder
Apply for this job now.