Beacon Resources, in conjunction with our client in the Santa Clarita Valley, is looking for a Cost and Inventory Accountant to join an aerospace entity with substantial numbers of dependable and reliable talent on its payroll.
Job- The hired Cost and Inventory Accountant will analyze and report the value of the physical assets of the corporation (raw materials, machine tools, parts). You will work closely with a Controller and Accounting Manager to develop all the necessary cost and inventory accounting reporting tools for the company. This position is particularly suited for a financial systems professional who wants to be in a traditional structured corporate environment.
Culture/Environment - You will join a company with awesome team and coworkers. You will have growth opportunities for those who are willing to learn and work. The environment is challenging and entrepreneurial. Employees are dedicated and passionate about their jobs. Management is looking to best to position the company for growth. You can see this in their investment in people, resources and facilities.
Compensation/Benefits - Salary range starts at $75,000/year, and increases DOE. The company offers good benefits and perks (discounts on tickets and events).
DUTIES OF THE COST AND INVENTORY ACCOUNTANT
- Monitor General Ledger (G/L) inventory accounts to make sure inventory accounts are accurate
- Use the company’s Material Requirements Planning (MRP) cost accounting system to work with Cost Of Goods Sold (COGS), revenue, gross margin, inventory, and variance analysis
- Work on inventory controls and product costing
- Analyze inventory valuation discrepancies and correct them
- Value inventory
- Perform physical/cycle counting for the company’s warehouses throughout the world
- Prepare reports for management
- Prepare month-end reports such as income statement, balance sheet, and other financial reports
- Create dashboards to provide data for physical inventory purposes
- Work with different departments (finance, accounting, IT, operations)
- Provide recommendations for continuous improvement with system functionality and system processes.
- Assist in all internal and external audits in all matters inventory, supply chain, and operational matters
- Accept various other duties as needed
QUALIFICATIONS OF THE COST AND INVENTORY ACCOUNTANT (REQUIRED)
- Bachelors in Accounting, Business Administration, Economics, or Finance or an equivalent major
- At least two (2) years of substantive accounting experience
- At least one (1) year of inventory accounting experience
- Must be eligible to work in the United States with the status of a Permanent Resident or US Citizen
QUALIFICATIONS OF THE COST AND INVENTORY ACCOUNTANT (PREFERRED)
- A mix of public accounting firm and publicly-traded company experience
- A manufacturing/logistical background (aerospace, industrial et. al.) experience
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
SKILLS OF THE COST AND INVENTORY ACCOUNTANT (REQUIRED)
- Proficiency in Hyperion Financial Management
- Expert Level Proficiency in Microsoft Excel (v-lookups, pivot tables, IF Formulas)
- Intermediate Level Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Microsoft PowerPoint
- Ability to handle large amounts of data on all projects
- Ability to meet deadlines, multi-task efficiently and cooperate with fellow professionals in various disciplines and both office and out-of-office environments
- Ability to take on a substantial workload to lead the team through example
- Detail oriented, with high level of ethics and integrity
- Willingness to develop and grow with the company and have the desire to take on more responsibility
- Demonstrate critical thinking ability
- Work with minimal supervision needed
SKILLS OF THE COST AND INVENTORY ACCOUNTANT (PREFERRED)
For immediate consideration, email your resume to me in MS Word format. I will hold all inquiries in the strictest confidence.
Role: Inventory Cost Accountant
Apply for this job now.