Our client, a top ranked 3PL, is looking for an Automotive Mechanic to join their Clewiston FL team. The pay rate is $16 - 19/HR. Monday - Friday 7:00 AM - 4:00 PM
The mechanic position is responsible to trouble shoot, repair and perform preventative maintenance on all types of vehicles and equipment with in the company's fleet. Repairs shall be made in a safe, cost effective and time efficient manner. Must have practical knowledge of all types of machinery and tools. Must have solid judgment and a good understanding of the possible consequences of the work they perform. The company recommends that all employees display an ongoing effort to familiarize themselves with the duties and responsibilities of those positions that have direct or indirect involvement with his or her own.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Comply with established company safety and operating rules, procedures, and guidelines; and be responsible for reporting un-safe practices to your supervisor.
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment to protect oneself and others in accordance with all department guidelines and all applicable company safety rules.
- Must be able to operate all types of vehicles, equipment and tools.
- Must be able to perform minor and major repairs on all types of equipment, including but not limited to, all vehicles, trailers and power operated equipment as well as hand tools.
- Will be responsible for maintaining accurate computer records of time and parts used on specific work order tasks.
- Perform all other duties as apparent or assigned by supervisor.
Qualifications and Key Skills:
- Minimum two years of mechanical experience.
- Knowledge and experience with but not limited to: hydraulic systems, gas engines, diesel engines, electrical systems, drive trains and various hand tools.
- Basic typing and writing skills.
- Knowledge and ability to prioritize job tasks.
- Able to work independently.
- Must pursue personal development opportunities and is committed to staying current within field of work.
- Must support teamwork by participating, cooperating, and communicating with co-workers.
- Must be able to effectively communicate with customers and co-workers by providing accurate, meaningful, courteous and timely responses to their questions or concerns.
We thank all those who apply however, only applicants chosen for an interview will be contacted. Candidates must be legally eligible to work in the US without sponsorship. Job ref# OLMECH181005.
Role: Automotive Mechanic
Apply for this job now.