Seizmic, Inc. provides products and services that serve the material handling industry. As a licensed engineering firm, we certify equipment such as: storage racks, shelving, mezzanines, conveyors, tanks, machinery, movables, security cages and gondolas meet building department requirements across all 50 states. We are looking to expand our services and add to our team an individual that is familiar with the California Fire Code to help our customers and property owners address fire protection and Fire Code issues in their warehouse construction projects throughout California and potentially nationwide.
The ideal candidate will have completed course work in the field of Fire Prevention and will be interested in continuing their education to stay up to date with current code requirements (we reimburse for any relative courses, materials and seminars).
We are looking for someone who has experience and/or desire and ability to learn and do the following:
- Conduct Building surveys
- Code summaries and code research
- Commodity Classification
- Due diligence surveys
- Exiting analysis
- Fire protection reports
- Fire safety evaluation system (FSES) evaluations
- Historic building code surveys, reports and correction plans
- Life safety reports and evaluations
- Occupancy review and classification
- Rational analysis of fire protection approaches and design assumptions
- Shop drawing and submittal review
- Smoke control concepts, calculations and design reports
- Special suppression system design
- Sprinkler system design criteria
- Hazardous materials classification and review
- Assist our CAD department in gathering the necessary information to generate drawings sufficient for permit. Including site plan, floor plan, rack layout, life safety plan, high pile storage detailing required access doors, access roads, sprinkler protection, storage arrangement, and other factors as required.
Compensation negotiable and based on experience. Potential for full time or contract work. Clean DMV and reliable transportation is a must. Willingness to travel throughout the state required. Travel beyond is possible but not necessary.
Also available as a part-time/contract position.
Seizmic, Inc. was formed in 1985 as a California corporation, specializing in the analysis of material handling equipment. The company has grown to its present size of over 45 employees handling the design and permitting of projects, such as:
Storage racks and their anchorage for the corresponding seismic location and verification of the floor slab and the capability of supporting the imposed loads. Rack structures range from 6' tall to 125’ tall, with loads from 25 lbs per shelf to as much as 12,000 lbs per shelf. Clientele includes industries from: Food and Beverage, Transportation, Government, Medical/ Pharmaceutical and Retail.
Specialty Structures; which includes the analysis and selection of the flooring system, joists, girders, columns, footings, as well as, safety equipment.
Conveyor support systems; verifying that their attachments to the building trusses and/or floors will not affect the building's structural integrity.
Other warehousing projects, such as: wall openings in tilt-up walls, footings, tanks, roof supported structures for external storage, rack supported buildings, etc.
Role: Fire Prevention Consultant
Apply for this job now.