Carr Construction, LLC, is seeking career minded, self-motivated individual with civil construction background; preferred but not necessary background in signalization, lighting, ITS, signs and guardrail installations.
General duties / scope for the position includes by is not limited to:
- There is potential that a standard shift would exceed eight-hours.
- Working shifts could include nights, weekends and holidays for extended periods.
- Operation of various hand tools and equipment to complete the scope of work (various manual digging devices, wrenches, hammers, come-along, jack hammers, drills, chipping guns, welders, torches, saws, loader, skid steer, forklift, excavators, boom trucks, derrick diggers, etc.
- Work around noisy machines, which would require proper personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Working around roadway systems; rural and urban.
- Managing reporting staff.
- On larger scope projects, supervise and coordinate foreman activities.
- On smaller scope projects, supervise field staff and coordinate site activates.
- Involvement in the selection and interview process of subordinate employees.
- Review and ensure compliance of work performed as it relates to the contract documents and plans.
- Scheduling upcoming work plans based upon the project scope, contract time, material acquisition, etc.
- Ability to read, interpret and implement roadway / site plan requirements.
- Ability to process quantity takeoffs related to the scope of work.
- Evaluate material options for the project; submittals for selection of use as well as coordinating material acquisition processes.
- Documentation of daily work activities to include tracking of staff hours, work performed, materials utilized for the respective work and maintaining asbuilt details.
- Familiarity with OSHA safety requirements.
- Ability to provide a positive leadership representation, maintain effective communication for a and cooperative working relationship with staff and other contractors; to promote / maintain a positive moral.
- To coordinate, monitor, track and maintain subcontractor operations on the project.
- Review and confirmation of subcontractor work efforts on the project.
- To hold, document and provide record or safety meetings with field staff and subcontractors.
- Ability to coordinate tracked quantities with corporate staff to ensure the accuracy of our billing to our client related to completed work.
- 2-4 years of construction experience with a preference of 1-2 years’ minimum experience at a lead foreman and / or superintendent level. Salary based on experience.
- Good communication skills to provide direction to field staff and communicate with prime contractors, project clients and any stake holder that may approach you on the project; this could include general public.
- Work will be both inside and out doors, must be able to withstand exposure Florida’s changing weather conditions throughout the day’s work efforts; i.e., heat, sun, rain, wind and cold.
- Must be able to operate and service all required tools and equipment.
- Must be organized and have the ability track and maintain field records related to completed work daily, asbuilt drawings and inventory required for project scope.
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and email systems.
- Must pass a Background / MVR check.
- Must pass a pre-employment drug screen.
- Must have a valid driver's license, CDL is a plus but not a must at the time of start up with the company.
- A well-maintained driving record is expected; as you may be tasked with driving and / or operating company vehicle or equipment at times.
- Professionalism will be expected at all time.
Individuals must be able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without a reasonable accommodation; should be self-motivated.
Carr Construction is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and vets.
Apply for this job now.