Western Shield Label Company
VP of Plant Operations
Western Shield Label Company (WSLC) is a premier label manufacturer with its administrative office in Los Angeles and production facilities in Los Angeles, Ohio and Texas. Western Shield is on an accelerated growth path. It has grown organically and through acquisitions – three acquisitions since 2015. Building on this success, we need a strong Maintenance Technician as we build and strengthen the Operations Team.
- Responsible for equipment maintenance.
- Identifies, monitors and performs troubleshooting for problems and breakdowns of equipment.
- Maintains and repairs production equipment as needed in accordance with established standards, policies and procedures.
- Keeps records of work performed and completes history logs.
- Assures operation of safe and functionally sound equipment.
- Maintains and orders parts and supplies as needed.
- Occasional light building maintenance.
· Understanding of equipment operation and maintenance procedures.
· Experience in maintenance or related field required in a manufacturing setting.
· Effective in dealing with multiple priorities and simultaneous projects.
· Demonstrate a creative approach and problem-solving abilities.
· High value placed on teamwork and self-sacrificing when necessary.
· Ability to read and understand technical reference manuals.
· Ability to work well independently.
· Able to cooperate and communicate well with others.
· Well organized and attentive to detail.
· Basic computer skills.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to fumes and airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud. Work requires extensive computer use. Loose-fitting clothing and jewelry are not permitted. Individuals work in a manufacturing environment and will be required to wear hearing, foot and/or other personal protective equipment while performing job duties. The employee is frequently required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Working with adhesives, solvents, and other chemicals and supplies. Working in an environment with paper dust suspended in the air.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identify, disability or protected veteran status.
Western Shield Label Company (WSLC) is a premier label manufacturer with its administrative office in Los Angeles and production facilities in Los Angeles, Ohio and Texas. Western Shield is on an accelerated growth path. It has grown organically and through acquisitions – three acquisitions since 2015. Building on this success, we need a strong employees as we build and strengthen the Operations team.
Role: Maintenance Technician
Location: Rancho Dominguez,
Apply for this job now.