An opportunity for an Electronics Design Engineer who favours Digital design to join a growing electronics business in Stirling.
You will join the electronics design team as the Engineer who will look after the digital design task work. You should therefore demonstrate excellent digital design skills using FPGA/CPLD's.
You will be working on the development of new handheld medical devices, which improves the healthcare of individuals globally. These devices provide faster healthcare results whilst also providing countries access to healthcare that they can't currently afford.
In this role you'll work on the full life cycle development of products, working from concept stage to manufacture. You should be comfortable taking requirements and then translating these into design specifications.
Although you will be primarily working on digital design work, having the ability to do mixed signal design (analogue and digital) on Embedded Microcontroller/Microprocessor systems would be beneficial.
This is chance to work for a growing medical device business who are improving healthcare on a global scale. It is a very exciting time to join the organisation, with lots of new product developments to work on.
- Digital Design experience using FPGA or CPLDs
- Some Verilog or VHDL programming ability (the more the better)
- Digital design experience using microcontrollers/microprocessors, memory devices and discrete logic experience
- Design experience with SoC devices
- Serial Interface experience eg I2C, SPI, RS485, RS232, USB, Ethernet.
- Confident turning requirements into design specifications
- Experience in board bring up and debug using appropriate tools and techniques.
- Experience designing for Safety Critical industry sectors (eg Aerospace, Automotive, Medical, Oil+Gas).
- Design for EMC and CE directives
- Altium schematic capture
To discuss this role in further detail please contact Andrew Knight or Chris Oddy at KO2 Embedded Recruitment Solutions Ltd.
Role: Digital Electronic Design Engineer
Job Type: Permanent
Apply for this job now.