A primary teacher's responsibilities goes far beyond teaching and lesson planning. In fact, the variation of the role is what makes being a teacher highly rewarding.
London Teaching Pool (TLTP) are currently recruiting for hardworking and driven primary teachers for 'Good and Outstanding' rated schools, situated across the family-friendly borough of Hammersmith and Fulham.
We have various teaching opportunities available in schools around the thriving neighbourhood of Shepherd's Bush, Kensington and Chelsea, White City, Earl's Court, Parsons Green and East Acton.
Known for having great affluence and a vibrant culture life for residents and visitors, Hammersmith and Fulham is jam-packed with plenty to do and see. The west London area boasts an array of restaurants and pubs, including The Harwood Arms, which serves real good ale. Experience the local's favourites such as Pappa Ciccia for authentic Italian pizza and enjoy traditional Spanish cuisine at Los Molinos.
Explore Westfield (White City) for an unforgettable retail experience, and discover high-street and luxury shopping all under on roof.
Hammersmith and Fulham is also home to some of the highest-achieving schools in London; therefore, this is an ideal location for teachers and support staff to continue their career in teaching.
What does the role entail?
As a trained and motivated primary teacher, you will be expected to apply your equipped teaching skills and social nature to help with the nurturing of a child's learning progression.
Primary Teacher key responsibilities:
- A primary teacher must supervise children of primary-age in classes
- Your role as a primary teacher will involve planning and marking the work of pupils fairly and objectively
- As a primary teacher, you will work in collaboration with other primary teachers and teaching assistants to prepare and organise work
- Construct feedback, that's impartial, to parents and carers about their child's progression at parent's evenings and other meetings
- Primary teachers must form a good and lasting relationship with pupils in their care to gain trust and respect
- Monitor and support a child's social and emotional growth, while reporting any necessary issues
- A primary teacher must apply their behaviour management skills to initiate and maintain discipline, when required
- Participate in school events and activities, some of which may be held on weekends and after school hours
The Primary Teacher must possess the following:
- A friendly and approachable character
- A Qualified Teachers Status. This could either be a Bachelor of Education (BED) or a BA/BSC. Alternatively, you can attain this through a PGCE or via other teacher training centres
- Excellent literacy and numeracy skills
- The ideal candidate must be able to demonstrate positive energy, enthusiasm, stamina, patience, dedication and self-discipline
- Proven track record of increasing a child's achievement and motivation to an exceptional level
- Capable of forming a solid relationship with children and parents
- A valid DBS
- All newly qualified teachers (NQT) are encouraged to apply
- The right to work in the UK
- A minimum of two references
- Up to one year experience in a classroom setting is desired but not essential
In return, you will receive:
- Competitive salary
- A highly experienced and dedicated recruitment consultant
- Support with tailoring your CV effectively
- Successful job interview tips
- An exciting range of teaching positions including daily supply, short and long term roles
- Continuous support, training and development opportunities
Alongside this, we offer a fantastic Refer and Earn scheme. In the event we place a teacher you have recommended to us and have adhered to our terms and conditions, you will receive a referral bonus of £130 (subject to statutory deductions).
We have a number of primary teaching opportunities across all key stages and subjects.
TLTP is working to fill new vacancies for 2019 across boroughs including Hammersmith and Fulham, Tower Hamlets, Redbridge, Havering, Barking and Dagenham and many more. We are hosting various recruitment days throughout the year. To find out more call us on 0208 709 6540 or apply online now, and a member of the recruitment team will be in touch.
Role: Primary Teacher and Support Staff - Hammersmith and Fulham
Location: Hammersmith and Fulham,
Apply for this job now.