Maintenance Manager- Linden NJ
Our client is currently seeking a HANDS-ON Maintenance Manager (industrial machinery) for their team in our Linden, NJ plant.
The client is the industry leading medical textile rental service provider serving the Healthcare industry. They operate eleven processing facilities located in the Tri-State area. Since 1915, they have been a privately held, family run business. Their customer base consists of more than 3,000 clients throughout the Northeast, including acute-care facilities, nursing homes, long-term and assisted living facilities, surgi-centers and diagnostic clinics, as well as professional, medical and dental offices.
- Maintains a preventative maintenance program for plant equipment utilizing manuals as well as PC based tools.
- Leads the maintenance team in performing diagnostic troubleshooting on all plant equipment.
- Monitors quality of repairs
- Interprets production reports and their use in improving operations
- Interfaces with production management and line personnel to dine the most effective ways to operate equipment
- Purchases and maintains proper spare parts in inventory that will balance tying up capital with minimizing plant downtime
- Interfaces with boiler chemical suppliers to ensure proper maintenance of boiler
- Identifies building and physical plant repair issues
- Maintains porter schedule to maximize cleaning effectiveness of plant and machinery
- Maintains proper inventory of chemical supplies
- Interfaces with production personnel to allow repairs to be made to minimize the impact on production
- Controls energy costs through effective monitoring of machine performance and operation schedules
- Maintains safety programs
- Updates technical publication library (equipment, blueprints, schematics, etc.)
- Knowledge of industrial equipment fundamentals including electrical wiring, electrical components, pneumonic systems, steam systems, water systems, hydraulics and building maintenance
- Ability to read and interpret technical documents (blueprints, wiring diagrams, manuals, etc.)
- Ability to use basic hand tools properly and safely
- Experience responding in a time-sensitive environment with urgency
- Ability to interface with vendors and purchase parts in an effective manner, including cost-saving pricing and delivery
- Ability to obtain and maintain proper licensing needed to legally operate specific plant machines
- Understands basic energy utilization principles
- A desire to be very hands-on and trains as needed - this is not an office job
This highly visible position requires you to take charge and supervise all aspects of the industrial maintenance department, including personnel, purchasing, machinery repair, preventive maintenance systems, etc. Position reports to the General Manager.
The Jericho Group Consultants
We provide Strategic Recruiting and consulting expertise for Engineering, Manufacturing, Marketing, Management, Human Resources, and more! Unlike other companies who put the square peg in the round hole. We partner with our clients to truly understand the challenges they face and what types of professionals can help them improve their processes and end user experiences.
Hiring the right talent is an Integral part of your business. Whether your need an electrical or mechanical engineer, manufacturing engineer, or other specialized talent, The Jericho Group Consultants can find that person for you. We have a team of seasoned recruiters who not only have worked in the industry and have also worked in the staffing industry. We understand that finding the right resources for your team is important to making your business successful.
If you're a job-seeker, contact us. You'll realize right away that we're not like other recruiting companies and we truly take an interest in who you are, and what your skills are. We love it when our candidates say, "You're not like other recruiters," and we're proud of that. Find out why!
Role: Maintenance Manager
Apply for this job now.