COMPANY: INVIGORATE RECRUITMENT
JOB TYPE: Permanent
SALARY: From £24,000 to £24,000 per annum
Knitwear Design Technician
Invigorate Recruitment are looking to recruit an experienced Knitwear Design Technician to work for our client who produce luxury and contemporary knitwear.
Our client prides themselves in offering fashion forward cashmere knitwear with unique design features in styles their global customers will find timelessly elegant.
This is an exciting opportunity for a Knitwear Design Technician to join their design team. We are seeking a highly professional and motivated knitwear designer with substantial previous experience.
This company offers a very desirable opportunity for the correct candidate to further their career within the business as it grows.
- Creating and developing original knitwear design ideas, concepts, embroideries, fabrications and seasonal themes (including the assessment of trends, creation of mood boards and presenting these to key stakeholders)
- Developing original themes for seasonal collections
- Creating specs/tech packs for factories
- Ensure critical path is adhered to, and keep on top of all key dates (including managing the factory for the production of samples)
- Assist the design process with the ability to use Photoshop and Illustrator at an intermediate level
- Line sheet management on our forward ordering platform
- Quality control responsibility for all samples produced
- Checking any returns against specifications
- Creating a design strategy, developing new concepts and product categories to support growth and expansion of the business. Finding new opportunities and ideas for growth
- Regularly reviewing and reacting to the market and social trends to identify emerging product opportunities
- Carrying out sourcing and attending inspirational trips, both domestically and internationally
- +3 years minimum background in Knitwear Design
- Educated to degree level with a minimum 2.1 degree in Fashion or other related subject or equivalent practical attainment
- Understand knit construction, yarn and stitch characteristics and production constraints
- Creative and trend driven with a good eye for colour, print and detail
- Attentive to detail with the ability to think creatively
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent CAD, photoshop and illustrator skills
- Team player and able to build relationships
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- To be able to deal with all challenges in a calm and positive manner
- Awareness of budgets and timings
- Knowledge of construction and manufacturing processes.
- BIG ideas and a strong conceptual imagination
- An energetic, fun and flexible approach to your work
- Competitive Salary
- Benefits package
- 20 days holiday plus bank holidays, increased to 23 (plus bank holidays) once you have successfully passed your probation period
- Performance related reviews with the view for career progression
- Relevant study support if required
- Optional weekly personal training session for team building
- Hours of work 8.30- 5.00 or 9.00-5.30
- Advantageous location in Yeadon
- Free onsite parking
Our client likes to work with pace and quality so if you are resilient, work well under pressure and want to work for a growing and inspirational brand, we would love to hear from you.
Role: Knitwear Design Technician
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Leeds, Yorkshire
Apply for this job now.