Graduates required for Teaching Assistant positions in Rochdale.
Are you looking to pursue a career as a Teacher but need to gain school based experience before starting a PGCE or other initial teacher training?
Teaching Personnel are working with a number of Secondary Schools in Rochdale that are looking to appoint graduates to join their support team..
- Graduate Teaching Assistant positions
- English, Maths and Science (Core subject) Graduates encouraged to apply.
- Ideal experience in a supportive secondary school for aspiring teachers.
This an ideal opportunity for graduates looking to gain school-based experience to get exposure within a school setting in a paid capacity, supporting your applications to start PGCE or initial teacher training courses.
As a Graduate working within our client secondary schools you will be likely to work in one of the following roles, Teaching Assistant or Cover Supervisor;
Teaching Assistant responsibilities;
- Work closely with your degree subject department providing support within the classroom to small groups of pupils or on a one to one basis.
- Support pupils across the age range, often with a focus on pupils coming up to national exams, supporting them in ensuring they hit their targeted achievement levels.
- Working with gifted and talented pupils on a one to one or group basis, working with pupils who require intervention due to falling behind their targeted attainment levels.
Cover Supervisor responsibilities;
- Supporting your specialist department and delivering pre planned materials to students when a teacher is absent.
- Managing the behaviour and ensuring that students remain engaged to minimise disruption during these lessons.
- Providing lesson cover to other subject areas within the school, following a lesson plan to the best of your ability.