COMPANY: EVOLUTION RECRUITMENT SOLUTIONS LTD
JOB TYPE: Permanent, Full Time
We are looking to hire a talented DevOps Engineer for a leading technical consultancy to work on an exciting Azure/ Multi Cloud Solution project.
Are you a true technologist who likes to keep up to date with the latest technology in DevOps and Cloud (in particular Azure) and want to work for a company that will value this and invest in you? If yes then please send your details through asap as this is a very "urgent" requirement.The DevOps Engineer Role strong>
The Digital Platforms team produce web platforms for enterprise clients, providing complex solutions in content management, digital marketing, and e-commerce. Primarily working with Open Source software, the team are first and foremost engineers, putting Software Engineering and professionalism at the heart of delivery.
You will get to work with a set of technologies and ways of working that are starting to define the industry as well as work with excellent engineers, who are at the forefront of technology.
Key Responsibilities of the DevOps Engineer strong>
You'll have a good understanding of cloud and architecting for the cloud, as well as understanding how to best shape the services we are delivering; focusing on simplicity, decoupling, testing, iteration and deployment.
You'll have a good understanding of cross discipline and matrix teams, where the industry is heading and be incredibly collaborative. You'll leverage the depth of knowledge and skills within the team and help shape the organisation culture and technology in the right direction.
There will be an opportunity for you to be involved in some of the following.
- Actively creating DevOps ways of working by removing silos between traditional functional teams li>
- System provisioning and automation, monitoring, metrics, scalability, security and hardening. li>
- Be responsible for the health and upkeep of the critical services. li>
- Working alongside other engineers in the industry, providing the code, services and knowledge to deliver a smooth automation process from the start to the end of the project lifecycle. li> ul>The Ideal Candidate strong>
- Working in high availability production environment li>
- Strong understanding of Cloud technology strong>- Specifically Azure strong> li>
- Continuous Integration strong>using any of the following - Hudson, Jenkins, Concourse, Drone or Bamboo li>
- Containerisation strong> - Docker, Kubernetes, Swarm li>
- Good knowledge of the Hashicorp Suite strong>- Packer, Consul, Nomad, Vault, Terraform, Vagrant li>
- Solid understanding of Open Source Technology strong> li>
- Exposure to monitoring tools strong>like Nagios li>
- Programming skills in any of the following - Ruby, Go, Python, Java or strong scripting skills li>
- Agile strong>methodologies li>
- Previous exposure to basic networking li> ul> If you don't have skills/ understanding of everything detailed above this is not an issue, it's about finding the right person with a genuine passion for technology.
The Company strong>
Leading global IT consultancy with an excellent reputation of providing high level IT services. This section of the business is purely focused on Digital and DevOps with a passion for collaboration and innovation.
This is very urgent requirement and an opportunity to join an incredible organisation, please apply asap or contact Dave Macpherson asap.
Role: DevOps Engineer/Platform Engineer - AZURE - London
Job Type: Permanent, Full Time
Location: London, Greater London, Greater London
Apply for this job now.