Nesco Resource is helping our client in Pontiac, MI to fill an opening for a Human Resources Manager. This is a contract-to-hire position.
As an HR Manager, you will offer an array of skills in accurate employee job performance assessment, recommending and implementing action plan strategies to meet HR
needs, interdepartmental coordination, consultative relationship building, coaching, training, communication and schedule planning. Duties and Responsibilities
Education & Language
- Manages the development and administration of programs, procedures, and guidelines to help align the workforce with the strategic goals of the company.
- Maintains compliance with federal and state regulations concerning employees.
- Implement and oversees performance management system, including performance development plans (PDPs) and employee development programs.
- Controls HR systems in order to maintain accurate information in a timely manner.
- Ensures appropriate and required training is complete and properly documented.
- Oversees and/or handles hiring, disciplinary, and termination issues of employees.
- Create and implement hiring ad termination procedures.
- Handles all EEOC and employee relations and law matters, investigate and resolve grievances.
- Builds teamwork and maintain positive morale.
- Implement and maintains employee recognition and rewards programs.
- Devise ways to ensure fair and equitable employment practices.
- Facilitates, leads, coaches and appraises the work of the staff and ensure staff is exceeding job standards.
- Plan, organize, and control the activities and actions of the HR department.
- Perform other HR related projects as required.
- Oversees safety and compliance with MIOSHA / OSHA standards.
- Managers other HR team members.
- Understanding of Manufacturing Industry.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum degree: Bachelors in Human Resources or related field. Masters preferred.
- Language: Fluent English
Physical Requirements and Demands
- Must have Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business Management, or related field.
- 5+ years of progressive HR Management experience.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer
Skills, Requirements and Competencies
- Frequent walking, standing, bending lifting and reaching
- Repetitive movement of hands and fingers- typing and or writing
- Ability to lift up to 30 pounds
- Communication Diversity
- Interpersonal effectiveness Integrity and responsibility
- Results Orientation Priority management
- Strong decision making, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
Nesco Resource and affiliates (Lehigh G.I.T Inc, and Callos Resource, LLC) is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics with respect to employment opportunities.
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.