Company: TRANSTECK INC. - SALISBURY
Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
Job Title: Service Advisor
Job Reports To: Service Manager
Exempt or Non-Exempt: Exempt
Full-Time or Part-Time: Full Time
Maintain customer relationships and effectively communicate status of repairs.
Essential Job Functions:
- Customer loyalty
- Service and parts sale
- Resolve customer problems and complaints
- Maintain customer appointment system
- Review the vehicle history files
- Walk around every vehicle and identify problems, wants and needs with customer and document as stated
- Obtain customers signature on work authorization sheet prior to repairs
- Promote the sale of parts, labor and accessories to meet customer needs
- Record clear instructions for foreman and technicians
- Main customer contact
- Provide written estimates for labor and parts. Provide a diagnostic's estimate if necessary
- Provide customers with estimated time of completion
- Establish method of payment; obtain approval of credit or purchase or purchase order if necessary
- Obtain customers signature on repair order; provide customer with a copy. Discuss special needs with customer.
- Check the progress on each repair order during the day and keep customers informed of changes to agreement. Record agreed-upon changes on the repair order.
- Discuss work performed and changes with customer by telephone or upon arrival of dealership.
- Maintain a follow-up system for additional needed repairs and parts on order
- Note additional needed repairs and obtain approval before proceeding
- Maintain housekeeping, organization, and safety of work area
- Order parts according to dealership procedures
- Ensure accuracy of final repair orders and call customer with final information .
In addition to the essential functions listed above, the employee is expected to exercise honesty, integrity and respect with all clients and co-workers, maintain a professional appearance and demeanor, demonstrate a positive attitude, communicate effectively with co-workers and clients, work with accuracy, efficiency, and attention to detail, respect the work environment and keep it as neat and clean as possible, and exercise initiative to learn new skills and tasks and to help co-workers when possible. The employee is also expected to perform such other duties and functions as required from time to time.
The Physical Capabilities Checklist for this job, which specifies the physical requirements of the job, is attached and is incorporated into this description.
- A high school diploma or GED
- Minimum of one year related or sales experience
- Computer, basis office equipment (copier, calculator, fax, etc.)
- Primarily a controlled office environment