Overall Responsibility: This position is responsible for ensuring the safety and quality of all products being manufactured at client site by performing routine microbiological testing of raw materials, in-process bulk batches, and finished products.
Job functions: Essential responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Make all preparations for microbial testing and organism identification.
- - Test raw materials and finished products for pathogens (E. coli, Listeria, etc.),
- - Determine counts for Yeast & Mold (TYMC) and the Total Aerobic Microbial Count (TAMC)
- - Test for Aflatoxins in specific raw materials.
- - Test for Probiotics viability (raw materials and finished products).
- - Maintain records of all microbiological tests.
- - Adhere to all Biosafety practices and regulations.
- - Sample and test water from the Liquid Department
- - Execute microbiological test for R & D protocols and assist in method validation process as needed.
- - Perform general Lab testing such as autoclave waste, DT, pH, refractive index, etc.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
work requirements and skills
- Bachelor's degree in Biology or Life Science.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in a Microbiology Lab including aseptic techniques, dilution plating for total viable microbial counts, microbial enumeration, microscopy for detection of contaminants, and microbial characterization.
- Must be familiar with Biosafety Level 2 practices and regulations.
- Must be detail-oriented with good organization skills and ability to multi-task.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment, demonstrate flexibility when re-prioritization is necessary.
- Competency in basic computer skills including MS Office applications (Word and Excel)
- Must be able to work overtime when the company deems it necessary.
If interested, please email your resume to #removed#
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at #removed#