EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE #ZR
Required: This position requires the following educational and/or job experience.
• Associate's degree in computer science field, equivalent development work experience, or other technology certified training.
• One (1) plus years of development experience using common object-oriented programming languages such as C#, or ASP.NET MVC, or Angular 2.
• Hands-on work experience with database development, specifically relational database design, and user interface development.
• Experience in analyzing, designing, and implementing software solutions to improve quality, stability, and reusability of code.
• Experience in SQL Server database design and creation of simple SQL queries, stored procedures, triggers and performance optimization.
• Bachelor's degree in computer science field.
• Software development work experience in a rapid applications development environment.
JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES: The following sets forth the primary responsibilities of this job, but is not an exhaustive list. The Organization, through its managers and supervisors, reserves the right to assign any additional duties necessary to meet the needs of our patients, partners and/or employees.
1. Software Engineer responds to user requirements through the production of the proprietary software that is designed and developed by the Valley Hope Information Services department.
2. Codes, tests, debugs, and documents both new programs/technologies and changes to existing programs/technologies.
3. Software Engineer designs programs/technologies under the direction of supervisor or team lead.
4. Writes structured application/interface code from specifications conforming to established methodology, approved programming languages, standards, and best practices.
5. Software Engineer conducts unit tests of either new or modified applications; participates in code reviews to represent reviewed work for adherence to standards and specifications.
6. Implements approved changes to application software to maintain current standards, correct problems, and modify or enhance applications function.
7. Software Engineer, in cooperation with the end user, tests application software to assure accuracy, integrity, interoperability and completeness to achieve desired results.
8. Completes assigned software implementation tasks with high quality and on schedule.
9. Software Engineer adheres to department policies, procedures and standards in the development and implementation of software.
10. Maintains current knowledge of technology and industry trends; shares knowledge with the team.
11. Adheres to Valley Hope's philosophies, policies, and procedures as well as any other regulating bodies.
12. Participates in all assigned staff meetings, staff development, and training as required.
13. Interacts and communicates with others (patients, management, clients, and vendors) in a professional and tactful manner including treating them with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position.
SKILLS & ABILITIES: The following is intended to give an overview of the requirements of the position, but is not an exhaustive list.
• Attention to detail, creativity and latitude.
• Demonstrated knowledge of applying good design principles.
• Ability to think critically, to evaluate, and to solve complex technical problems.
• Self-directed and motivated to accomplish tasks, meet objectives and committed timelines.
• Ability to collaborate with others including development teams, QA, and end-users.
• Ability to provide input to requirements analysis and identifies technology to provide product/process stability or improvement.
• Ability to prioritize competing demands and effectively manage multiple tasks and/or projects while being responsive and flexible.
• Ability to work without close supervision to accomplish tasks.
• Proficient in MS Office applications, which include Outlook, Word, and Excel.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The following is intended to give and overview of the work environment of the position, but is not an exhaustive list.
• Office setting with traditional hours; able to work overtime to the extent necessary.
• Sitting for extended periods of time.
• Must be able to work at a rapid pace for long periods of time (typically no longer than 8 hours).
• Able to push, pull, pull up, bend at the knees and waist, twist body at the waist, raise and hold arms overhead, turn head-neck-shoulders as needed, grasp other items with hands, for either extended periods of time or many times throughout the workday.
Our Mission is to provide a quality continuum of comprehensive drug and alcohol treatment and related services, in a caring atmosphere and at a reasonable price, for all people experiencing problems with alcohol or other drug use.
Role: Software Engineer I
Apply for this job now.