Finance Controller, PR & Communications, c£65-80k (depending on experience)
Fantastic lead finance opportunity for an ambitious person to make their mark in a challenging role within a famous agency. Reporting to the Board you will have full responsibility for ensuring the finance function and back office operations run efficiently through strong controls, processes and systems. The right candidate will work very closely with the managing partner on a day-to-day basis and be a key member of the senior management team, involved in and expected to contribute to decision making and strategic planning.
- Maintenance of the revenue recognition including deferred revenue, work in progress and accrued revenue
- Producing monthly management accounts, covering budget vs actual, key trend and key performance indicator reporting together with meaningful financial commentary and forecasts including management of the Revenue Tracking Tools, working closely with the managing partner on the revenue forecast.
- Ensuring appropriate levels of internal control, developing process, policies and procedures
- Maintaining the cash flow forecast and ensuring efficient working capital through active accounts receivable and payable management.
- Adhering to all regulatory and compliance (including taxation and payroll related) matters.
- Administration of company benefit schemes e.g. pension scheme, private health.
Experience & Qualifications & Person:
- Qualified accountant with a broad skills set from a marketing services SME
- Demonstrable experience covering all matters related to accounting, reporting, forecasting,
- Strong skills in Excel, Google Sheets, Word and PowerPoint for Board reporting
- Pro-active self-starter by nature, always looking for opportunities to add value to the business.
- Entrepreneurial streak.
- Attention to detail. Accuracy essential.
- Hands on. Flexible. Does what it takes to get the job done.
- Good leadership and team development skills.
- Ambitious. Driven by the need to develop themselves and grow with the business.
- Strong work ethic but able to enjoy themselves too.
Trace is an innovative recruitment consultancy. Our person organisation fit profiling tool, the Predictive Fit Profiler, is helping us fit our candidates with our clients from a personality, behaviours, motivations and cultural compatibility perspective.