Do you want to make a difference in the community?
Are you looking to further your career in healthcare?
Do you want to be part of a growing organization?
Community Health Centers of Pinellas, Inc., has been serving the community for 40 years. We are a not-for-profit health care organization with 13 locations throughout Pinellas County, FL! We have opened 5 new centers and added a Mobile Health Unit, all over the last 10 years!
Position Location: Clearwater
Reports to: Dental Program Manager
Job Summary: Under general supervision, provides a range of clinical, administrative, and staff support to a full-range dental services operation. Assists in the performance of dental procedures; prepares and maintains dental equipment and supplies in accordance with established protocol, policy & procedures, and standards, and assists in the coordination of day-to-day patient administration, records management, and office support activities.
Duties may include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for knowing and following all dental policies and procedures, including documenting all patient interactions into EHR timely
- Provides chair side assistance to dentist, residents, and students in the performance of dental procedures, to include operative, preventive, periodontal, endodontic, prosthetic, and/or oral surgical procedures
- Mix cements, pour models, prepare bleaching trays/mouth guards, and other lab work as needed
- Work with faculty and staff to insure the delivery of aseptic dental care to patients
- Able to take proper radiographs in a timely manner, while following safety guidelines
- Instruct patients in oral hygiene in a manner appropriate to various age levels
- Prepares, sterilizes, organizes, and sets up dental equipment, ensures that all dental instruments are cleaned, dated, and processed according to established clinic guidelines and standards
- Assist in organizing and controlling the use of clinical supplies
CHCP is a Patient Centered Medical Home which means that we believe that all aspects of a patient's life impacts their health. Our mission statement is to provide quality, affordable healthcare to all.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Graduate of an approved Dental Assistant Program
- Current CPR card
- Required: Novice to six (6) months; Preferred: One (1) or more years of experience as Dental Assistant. Must demonstrate required Dental Assistant competencies. Experience with electronic health records highly desirable.
CHCP offers an excellent Benefits package which includes:
- Medical & Dental Insurance
- Paid Time Off/Holiday Pay
- Wellness program
- Tuition Assistance
- Career development/Growth opportunities
Access to the full job description is available on our website. Please go to https://#removed#/ under resources > Careers > Click Here to view our Job Portal.
Please make sure to apply on our website to be considered!