Sr. Control Engineer - Robotics
Job Summary of the Sr. Control Engineer - Robotics:
Senior level Control Engineer with Robotics experience is needed to play a key role for research and test innovative control methodologies for robotic systems for one of our clients in Michigan area. This client is a global player in the filed of mechatronic devices and are continually developing new and exciting technologies. In this role you will be responsible for the development of the MATLAB simulations of proposed control methodologies to demonstrate viability and identify potential improvements and optimizations. If you skilled in MATLAB and Simulink programming and come along with PID/ state space based real-time control system design methodology experience, then this opportunity is well suited to you.
Responsibilities of the Sr. Control Engineer - Robotics:
- Perform research and test innovative control methodologies for robotic systems
- Development of MATLAB simulations of proposed control methodologies to demonstrate viability and identify potential improvements and optimizations
- Work on proof of concept with detailed functional descriptions for the broader development team.
- Collaborate with Electro-mechanical engineers to develop manipulator and actuator designs
- Work with other cross functional teams for product life cycle starting from plan, design, implementation, verification, and validation
Qualifications of the Sr. Control Engineer - Robotics:
- Masters or Ph.D.from in electrical, computer or mechanical field focused on robotics or controls
- At least 2 years of experience in MATLAB and Simulink programming with control simulation
- Strong background in Math and Physics
- Experience in PID/ state space based real-time control system design methodology and best practices.
- 2+ years of experience in controls engineering focused on R&D projects.
- Experience with C++ and Object Oriented development
- Experience in robotic motion control, path planning, force control with boundary constraints.
- R&D development experience in a regulated industry, such as medical devices
- In-depth UML and expanded knowledge of C++11 features is a BIG PLUS
Compensation of the Sr. Control Engineer - Robotics:
Salary Range: 65 to 105K (depending on experience)
Location: Stevensville, MI
Travel: As and when required
Relocation Assistance: Yes
Visa Sponsorship: H1B transfers only. NO OPT/F1 will be considered
Knowledge of the following areas may be helpful:- control, controls, algorithm, Robotics, R&D, "Research and Development", surgical, MATLAB, Simulink, Simulation, "proof-of-concept", manipulator, actuator, ABET, PID, "state space", RTOS, "Real Time Operating System", C++, "Object Oriented", "motion control", "path planning", "force control", Math, Physics
Role: Sr. Control Engineer - Robotics
Apply for this job now.