An exciting position has become available for a full time Infrastructure Engineer to join a friendly team based in Guildford. The successful candidate will earn £35,000-£40,000 per annum. The successful candidate will be a key part of the team, focussing on the full-service delivery from Design, Implementation, Sign-off through to Support, Monitoring and Troubleshooting of Infrastructure Technologies. The successful applicant will be able to troubleshoot issues across both Linux and Windows Servers, virtualisation tools, and storage, working with multiple key vendors. This will be delivered across SME and large enterprise sites.
- 4 years' experience working in an Infrastructure Support based role
- Experience working with Windows Server, Linux server technologies, VMWare, Cloud, and storage solutions (Storage Craft and Veeam)
- Knowledge of 2 or more industry leading vendors
- Ideally have Managed Service experience
- Strong storage experience or understanding
- Must be able to interphase with both technical and non-technical customers.
- Experience of configuring and understanding firewall rules
- Experience of constructing and troubleshooting hardware issues such as disk arrays.
- Design and implement solutions based upon the product set offered.
- Support and troubleshoot Infrastructure solutions directly across Microsoft, Linux, VMWare and NetApp
- Manage incoming support tickets, whilst also working proactively with customer support staff to resolve problems and ensure effective data and server recovery.
- Provide regular professional, frequent and relevant customer communication
- Delivery support and delivery of Microsoft OS, Linux, Servers, Virtualisation, storage, backup, and cloud
- Support the sales staff with pre-sales enquiries and technical implementation details.
Our client was founded in 2000 and has been keeping their customers businesses running no matter what issues hit their computer systems. Whether fire, flood, ransomware attack, server failure or an inability to get into a compromised office environment might hurt your business, our client are able and happy to help.
Why should you apply?
- To join a fantastic company
- To become part of dedicated team
- To showcase your skills and knowledge
If you're the ideal candidate our client is looking for, please send your CV by clicking the APPLY button
Keywords: Infrastructure, Engineer, Engineering, Windows Server, Linux Server Technologies, VMWare, Cloud, Storage Solutions, Storage Craft, Veeam, Infrastructure Support, Support, Troubleshooting, Hardware