NTB is a regional trucking company based in Grand Rapids, MI and with terminals and maintenance facilities in Lansing and Stanwood, MI, Tipp City, OH and Pleasant Prairie, WI. NTB services the grocery industry, its customers include Meijer. If you are interested in a career with a proven industry leader in technology and employee care, consider NTB now.
An individual in this position will perform all tasks related to tractor maintenance, including servicing, repairing, troubleshooting, and proper billing. This person(s) will also perform other related tasks as necessary to maintain a safe and effective operation of equipment and shop.
Responsibilities and Duties
An employee in this position reports to the Shift Supervisor and Lead Mechanic and may be called upon to do any or all of the following essential duties. This is not a comprehensive list of responsibilities.
1. Service equipment on a regular basis and ensure that the service and repairs are done according to the service or repair procedure.
2. Maintain OSHA and DOT requirements while servicing equipment.
3. Troubleshoot equipment problems. This may include electrical and mechanical concerns.
4. Perform a variety of tractor repairs including, but not limited to, brake component replacement, water pump and fuel injector replacement, engine tune-ups and driveline repairs.
5. Perform a variety of trailer repairs including, but not limited to, brake component replacement, side panel and post replacement and landing gear repairs.
6. Complete all necessary paperwork to ensure accurate billing of parts and labor.
7. Maintain a clean and safe work environment.
8. Drive the company equipment to pick up parts, supplies, perform work or transport company personnel.
9. Enter the field to perform repairs outside the facility.
10. May be required to drive company vehicles (including tractor/trailer) provided you maintain a current CDL and have been qualified to drive by NTB. The purpose would be to shuttle equipment between remote locations and primary repair facilities.
Qualifications and Skills
Knowledge in the operation of the equipment needing repair.
Knowledge in the repair of equipment and preventative maintenance procedures.
Knowledge in tool usage and care.
Knowledge of OSHA and DOT requirements regarding service and repair of equipment.
Ability to perform the job according to the policies and procedures laid out by the company in the employee handbook, maintenance procedure manual and maintenance work rules.
Ability to adhere to all safe work practices expressed through the company handbook, work rules, direction from supervisor, lead mechanic or other person in authority on the subject including what is considered to be common sense.
Ability to maintain a safe work environment.
Ability to complete jobs as assigned in a quality and timely manner.
Ability to work effectively with other employees.
Ability to perform heavy manual labor.
Ability to hear and speak effectively for complete communication.
Ability to lift 100lbs and carry 50lbs on a routine basis to complete the duties listed above.
Ability to crawl, kneel, stoop, bend, crouch, climb, lift, sit, lay on a creeper and maneuver in tight places where physical mobility is required to accomplish the duties listed above.
Ability to climb steps or ladders in order to enter tractors or trailers or gain access to a location which needs inspection or repair. This would also include moving, cleaning, repairing, adjusting, inspecting or modifying equipment.
Ability to climb scaffolding and work at this elevated position for some time.
Ability to maneuver the equipment with a tractor, switcher or yard truck.
Possess mechanical aptitude.
Must be an experienced technician or recent graduate of a technical school trained to complete all necessary job functions as listed.
Must have a valid driver's license in order to operate the facility vehicles off complex.
Competitive wages and benefit package that includes options for Medical, Dental, Optical, Life, Disability and AFLAC insurances. 401K retirement plan with Company match. Profit Sharing for all employees.
Powered by JazzHR