Responsible for supervision of salespersons, service and operations performance of a store
personally or through subordinate supervisors; maintaining a high level of customer service and
ensuring maximum sales and profitability through merchandise, inventory, expense and loss
control. The store manager will also be responsible for implementing field-level
marketing initiatives and ensuring compliance of sales associate(s). Responsible for using and
enforcing corporate sales process. Store managers represent the company’s brand with
highest morals, integrity and accountability. They must have expert knowledge in product
knowledge, policies and procedures. The store manager works under the general direction of the
Territory Sales Manager.
• Direct and supervise employees engaged in sales, inventory, following company policies and
procedures, or in performing services for customers.
• Monitor, manage, and provide feedback to improve sales metrics of each sales employee within
the store location.
• Assigns employees working in the retail location to specific duties.
• Train and evaluate personnel (sales associates and floaters) in retail sales store in order
to improve overall employee and store performance.
• Implement and ensure policies, goals, objectives, and procedures for their respective
locations are met.
• Instruct and educate staff on how to handle difficult sales situations, customer service
issues, and distribution issues.
• Attend training, both on-site and webinars, to keep up to date with updates and best
practices for company policies, procedures and changes.
• Adheres to corporate branding image requirements.
• Meet revenue projections set for the respective store location.
• Review sales records to prepare reports for management and other corporate departments.
• Meet personal sales goals in order to help store and market attain revenue projections.
• Learn and present product to customers in order to sell merchandise.
• Provide excellent customer service to all customers.
• Focus on improving and meeting company sales metric standards, including average ticket,
gross margin, close rate, and balance of share.
• Track performance of key sales metrics for store manager sales, associate sales, and overall
• Ensure that balance of share standards are met at the store level. The BOS of the retail
location should be aligned with corporate standards.
• Ensure that company policy is followed regarding cleanliness of store.
• Monitor inventory stock levels on a store level within the respective store location.
• Responsible for maintaining acceptable inventory scores including all store audits.
• Follow Sales Division VP guidelines to ensure that store is appropriately staffed and
scheduled to meet customer traffic demands.
• Work closely with the area Distribution Center Manager to ensure that delivery, transfer, and
customer service issues are resolved at the store level.
• Resolve customer complaints regarding services, product, or personnel at the store level.
• Comply with merchandising strategy to ensure that it is correctly priced and displayed, and
placed according to DVP/Corporate floor plan.
• Ensure that visual merchandising standards are followed in the showroom location, including
correct and timely placement of all POP, store layout, and other visual merchandising standards.
• Practice 1:1 marketing by initiating personal contacts through community and civic
• Responsible for completing a mandatory number of business to business sales calls each week.
• Engage in marketing initiative efforts to help increase customer base including B2B sales,
community events, guerilla marketing, and other networking and prospecting campaigns.
• Align store with advertising campaigns and sales promotions, ensuring that proper materials
are displayed, such as company provided price tags and POP.
• Ensure that sales associates are completing required marketing calls.
• Coordinate sales promotion activities, such as tent sales, for key events at store location.
• Maintain prospect lists and acquire customer email addresses.
Education: Some college preferred
Experience: One to two years related experience
Computer Skills: MS Office products
Other Requirements: Appropriate experience may be substituted for education.
Role: Store Manager in Training
Apply for this job now.