Job Title/Corporate Title: Network Engineer/Assistant Vice President
This is a great opportunity to join a global organisation, a major financial services institution!
Purpose of Job
To be the first responder to network related issues or incidents escalated by 2nd Line CSC, and to provide day to day monitoring and administration of the banks Local Area Network and Wide Area Network.
This position's primary focus is network operations, as part of the team supporting the day-to-day operation of the organisation's global network and the UK Data Centres. The positions secondary focus is to participate in new implementations and projects, supporting the successful delivery and transition into the BAU (Business As Usual) operating model as part of the project team. As a Network Engineer, the individual will be required to work with and support the other teams in IT including the Voice team, Distributed Systems, Treasury IT, Information Security teams and application teams on any network or datacentre related activities.
Accountabilities & Responsibilities
- The Key service activities are maintaining the Network BAU operations for the Banks IT Network. This includes the WAN, LAN, Firewall and Data Centre infrastructure and liaising with external vendors that provide these services. BAU operations includes a number of activities, including: Responding to incidents, Participating in the Service Delivery and Problem management processes and Participation in the Change process.
- Supporting planned work, such as Black Building tests and planned network outages.
- Ensure all day-to-day network operations activities are performed in accordance with standards, policies and procedures.
- Support the network related work streams of projects and ensure that project deliverables are executed in a timely fashion.
- Monitor and help to operate the network ensuring that issues are logged and escalated to the next level of technical support or escalated to management where required.
- Provide technical support and guidance to the other departments within IT, on Network related matters and BAU issues.
- Provide support to the support and maintenance of the organisation's network security infrastructure, including devices providing network access, Firewall, content filtering, intrusion detection and Proxy services.
- Liaise with our Japanese colleagues in London and Tokyo to ensure good communication between the EMEA region and Tokyo for Network related matters.
- Support day to day activities for the Network team such as supporting internal Audits, black building tests, DR and BCP tests and software upgrades of network devices.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience & Qualifications
- Evidence of providing 1st/2nd level support in large network environments.
- Evidence of working in a Financial Services or high pressure environment. Evidence of participating in a variety of network related projects.
- Evidence of working on a variety of Data Centre projects.
- Experience of working for or with a Japanese organisation/s.
- Good knowledge and experience on Cisco Routers/Switches and their architecture.
- Good knowledge of Cisco IOS.
- Good knowledge of Cisco NXOS/IOSXE.Expert knowledge of TCP/IP and Networking skills.
- Good knowledge on routing skills - OSPF, BGP.Expert knowledge on switching skills - VLAN, STP, RSTP, 802.1q, 802.3ad.
- Good knowledge on Quality of Service - CBWFQ, policing and shaping.
- Understanding of VPN technologies - GRE, DMVPN, MPLS VPN.
- Good knowledge of multicast skills - MSDP, IGMP, PIM-SM.
- Understanding of F5 load balancing products.
- Good knowledge of Checkpoint Firewalls.
- Good knowledge of Palo Alto Firewalls or other application layer Firewalls.
- Experience of supporting Market Data connectivity.
- Good understanding of structured cabling technologies.
- Good English and Japanese language skills.
Technical Competencies and Skills
- Cisco CCNA
- Cisco NXOS
- Cisco IOS
- Cisco 3900, 3700, 3600, 2800, 2600 series Routers
- Cisco Nexus, 6500, 4500 series Switches
- Routing: OSPF, BGP
- Switching: VLAN, STP
- Load Balancing: F5
- DNS/DHCP: Infoblox, Microsoft
- GRE, DMVPN
- Palo Alto
- ITIL v3 Foundation
- Cisco CCNA
- Checkpoint CCSA
Qualserv Consulting Ltd is acting as a Recruitment Consultancy/Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy and advert. Qualserv Consulting is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
Keywords: Network Engineer, Japaneese speaking, Network Engineer, Japaneese speaking, Cisco CCNA, NXOS, IOS, Cisco 3900, 3700, 3600, 2800, 2600 series Routers, Cisco Nexus, 6500, 4500 series Switches, OSPF, BGP, VLAN, STP, DNS/DHCP: Infoblox, Microsoft, GRE, DMVPN, Checkpoint, Palo Alto, ITIL v3 Foundation, Forescout, Infoblox
Role: Network Engineer - Japanese Speaking
Job Type: Permanent
Apply for this job now.