As a part of our growth, LKQ is looking for an Environmental Yard Clean Up Worker. The Environmental Yard Clean Up Worker will be responsible for maintaining a safe and clean yard. This would include making sure that all hazardous material are labeled and disposed of in a manner that is required by law, debris is picked up and check and clean up spills and other hazards. This role would require compliance with established company policies and procedures.Job Requirements:
Essential Job Duties:
- Replace Hazmat label and update labels, as scheduled.
- Inspect and update fire extinguishers are ready for use, as scheduled.
- Pick up and log abandoned oil/hazardous materials from parking lot.
- Sweep yard and pick up trash.
- Check oil booms and drains are clean for a radius of 30 feet.
- Check and clean up all major oil spills.
- Maintain a clean lubing area.
- Pump out water after it rains.
- Follow all company safety policies and procedures.
- Notify management of hazards that you are unable to manage or need assistance.
- All other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- High School graduate or G.E.D. equivalent desired.
- Automotive knowledge or experience is a plus.
- Must be responsible and attentive to details.
- Must be able to communicate effectively and follow instructions.
- Must have a good attitude and good work ethics.
- Must be able to read, comprehend, and write at a high school level.
Essential Physical Demands/Work Environment:
- This position requires individuals to constantly be on their feet.
- Must be able to stand for long periods, walk, push, pull, bend, kneel, climb and be able to move/lift up to 75 pounds regularly (should not have any lifting restrictions).
- Exposed to the outside environment of extreme heat and cold.
- The noise level in the work environment is moderately loud.