COMPANY: M & R CONSULTANTS CORPORATION
JOB TYPE: Contract, FullTime
Job Title: Sr Business analyst
Location: Worcester, MA
Duration: 8+ months
Local Candidates only
This is a business facing IT BA for a specific project need in our infrastructure space. At least 3 years of experience in Property/Casualty, Commercial lines and/or Personal Lines with or Property knowledge preferred.
The Business Analyst is responsible for the collection, development, analysis, documentation, and communication of business needs and requirements. Throughout an assignment, the Business Analyst will interface and work collaboratively with both technology and the business organization assessing the needs of the assignment by directly interacting with management, leadership, technology, the business and the customer. The Business Analyst looks for opportunities to develop and grow the business through effective use of technology taking a broad perspective to determine how solutions will impact existing work processes and systems, and how to manage the integration.
- Providing technical expertise across the Enterprise and Infrastructure lines technology business unit, understanding the relationship between the business and the data and technology that supports the business.
- Responsible for the collection, analysis and documentation of business and/or technical requirements, which may include, but is not limited to: Participating in planning sessions with business partners to improve a business process or products supported by Enterprise and Infrastructure.
- Collaborates with all relevant parties by demonstrating knowledge of the business technical systems and providing timely and accurate information between the business partner and the information technology organization.
- Assessing needs to identify business priorities and may advise business partners on options and technical limitations.
- Analyze and document requirements to create specifications, utilize story-boarding and prototyping to facilitate the design of integrated solutions.
- Participate in project planning from requirements through design, testing, implementation and maintenance.
- Serves as a project team member for projects of medium to large scope and moderate complexity, or sub-projects within a large or highly complex project.
- Bachelor s degree or equivalent required.
- At least 3 years of experience in Property/Casualty, Commercial lines and/or Personal Lines with or Property knowledge preferred.
- Adept in desktop applications and software tools
- Analytical Thinking - Applies analytical techniques (e.g., separating a complex whole into its parts or elements to resolve problems or issues).
- Communication of Results - Ability to express concepts (e.g. business, technical, and other), ideas, insights, opinions, and conclusions, so that others understand or are persuaded to act. Create an environment that encourages and values the opinions of others and promotes sharing of information and ideas.
- Information seeking - Thoroughly investigates and researches multiple sources to expose details and complete information about resources, issues, problems, and so forth. Conducts in-depth research, asks probing questions, and transcends surface issues.
- Self-Management - Effectively plans and organizes their work to achieve desired outcomes. Demonstrates flexibility in applying different approaches to changing work demands. Shows confidence in own abilities to meet challenges and can maintain performance under stress.
- provided by Dice