Reports to: Director of Human Resources
Department: Human Resources
The position is responsible for the training and onboarding across the organization. This position will be responsible for performing training needs assessments, designing and delivering curriculum and learning materials and for managing all phases of training interventions. This position will also be responsible for planning, establishing and maintaining all required health, safety and environmental programs to assure the highest possible degree of safety for employees.
Summary of Essential Job Functions
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Partner with management to understand training and onboarding needs, including safety and compliance training.
· Perform weekly orientation for all new hires including seasonal employees and interns.
· Acclimate new hires to the business and conduct monthly new hire orientation sessions.
· Work with Director of HR and organizational leaders to ensure premiere on-boarding and training procedures are being met.
· Facilitate staff safety & compliance trainings.
· Develop employee retention, engagement, and professional development programs.
· Identify and assess training needs through surveys, interviews with employees, focus groups, and/or consultation with leaders, and others.
· Develop and design training handouts, workbooks, or other instructional materials.
· Curate the collection of training and compliance videos on BizLibrary LMS to ensure staff across the organization have the necessary safety, compliance, and professional training.
· Develop and maintain external learning opportunities through partnerships with colleges, universities, or other vendors.
· Promoting new learning opportunities and implement new processes to engage staff.
· Evaluate training effectiveness to ensure incorporation of taught skills and techniques into employees work behavior, and iteratively make improvements.
· Complete data entry as well as review employee records to ensure employee training requirements are consistently up to date.
· Develop, implement and manage Safety Compliance and Training Programs.
· Identify training needs by evaluating strengths and weaknesses.
· Ensure employees receive OSHA-mandated safety training and recurrent safety training.
· Conduct first-hand observation of premises and property to ensure property compliance of any safety violations.
· Coordinate and present classes on safety using the LMS for video trainings (safety & compliance), outside consultants, or live presentations.
· Direct safety programs to protect employees against harm and maintain safe working conditions.
· Conduct accident/injury investigations as needed, manage workers comp. claims, OSHA and corporate injury reporting requirements.
· Meet compliance and reporting requirements of federal or state regulations
· Assist with other Human Resources functions as necessary or assigned.
· BA, and 5+ years of experience in learning design, developing and delivering training, onboarding, safety training, or professional development programs.
· Excellent leadership and people management skills.
· Excellent interpersonal skills, strong written and verbal communication skills
· Prior training facilitation experience, preferably of Safety related content.
· Working knowledge of principles, practices and techniques of safety administration, organizational management and operations.
· Able to lead and mentor coworkers.
· Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office products; MSWord, PowerPoint, Excel.
· Able to effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms.
· Comfort speaking in front of large groups.
· Demonstrated ability to adapt to a variety of environments and take responsibility and lead projects.
· Drive/operate company vehicles in crowded public space for meetings or classes.
· Experience or familiarity in a public space/park environment preferred, but not required.
· Knowledge of foreign languages a plus. (e.g. Spanish, Vietnamese, or Creole preferred)
· Ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions in a manner consistent with the essential job functions.
PNP Staffing Group, also known as Professionals for Nonprofits, was one of the first recruiting and staffing firms providing Temp/Temp-To-Hire, Interim Professionals, Executive Search, Direct Hire, and Consulting Services exclusively to support the talent needs of nonprofits, associations & social good organizations around the country.
Our Recruiting and Client Service Teams are comprised of experienced staffing professionals and Account Managers with extensive knowledge of the nonprofit sector.
The principals of our firm have extensive careers in senior executive leadership positions in the sector and are thought leaders in the areas of human capital expansion, talent acquisition and nonprofit leadership.
Our goal is simple - to recruit the best talent to help nonprofits around the country do great things and advance their missions. We are driven, highly creative in our approach, resourceful in sourcing the marketplace for top talent, and diligent about providing the very best services to our clients who inspire us to do this work.
Role: Training and Onboarding Manager
Location: New York,
Apply for this job now.