Detailed job description and main responsibilities
Please see the attached Applicant Information Pack (combined Job Description and Person Specification) for key duties and responsibilities.
This post is subject to a satisfactory DBS clearance and as a result, you will be required to pay the associated fee of \u00a340.00. This fee will be deducted from your second month's salary.
A welcome subsidy of \u00a31000 is available to all Band 5 and Band 6 Nurses, Midwives, ODPs and Radiographers taking up substantive employment with the Trust.
Closing date: 26 January 2021
Interviews are due to be held on 4 February 2021Why choose Cambridge University Hospitals?
Benefits to you
- Our values and reputation for outstanding care
- Opportunities to experience a range of specialities
- Career and development opportunities
- Preceptorship and mentoring programmes delivered by a dedicated clinical education support team
- Research experience and opportunities
- \u00a31000 Welcome Subsidy on commencement and up to a further \u00a33000 loan to support your resettlement and contribute towards a deposit or first months' rent subject to eligibility
- Lovely location and quality of life
- Excellent schools/colleges and transport links (road, rail and air)
We offer development opportunities and a wide range of benefits including on-site leisure facilities, shopping concourse, day nurseries and access to a great transport system with easy access to airports and rail travel.
For further details of our fantastic benefits please refer to the attachment below - CUH Benefits.
Please note if you would like to discuss the required hours of this role further, you should approach the contact given. In some cases alternative working hours will be considered.
We welcome applications from the Armed Forces.Person specificationQualificationsEssential criteria
- Current registration with NMC part 8 or 15( Registered nurse Child )
- Teaching and assessing qualification \uf0b7 Other post-basic, health-related courses \uf0b7 Evidence of continuing professional development and its application \uf0b7 Advanced level safeguarding training \uf0b7 Advanced life support course APLS/EPLS
- Experience of utilising reflective practice \uf0b7 Experience of delivering evidence based nursing without supervision to children in an acute hospital setting
- Proven clinical practice \uf0b7 Experience of mentoring junior staff \uf0b7 Experience of teaching junior staff \uf0b7 Experience of ward management in absence of senior colleagues \uf0b7 Clinical supervision
- NMC Code of Conduct and guidelines of \uf0b7 professional practice \uf0b7 Good theoretical and practical knowledge \uf0b7 of nursing within the clinical area \uf0b7 Health and Safety awareness \uf0b7 Quality issues and Clinical Governance \uf0b7 Awareness of need to demonstrate a professional appearance and behaviour \uf0b7 Safeguarding knowledge and procedures
- Awareness of risk management processes \uf0b7 An understanding of the professional \uf0b7 nursing agenda \uf0b7 Awareness of broader issues within the Trust and NHS \uf0b7 Awareness of specific Acts and laws relating to paediatric patients
- Proven verbal and written communication \uf0b7 skills with all members of the healthcare \uf0b7 team, colleagues, patients and relatives \uf0b7 Self motivated \uf0b7 Ability to take initiative when required and \uf0b7 liaise with the appropriate manager/beep \uf0b7 holder \uf0b7 Maintenance of confidentiality \uf0b7 Identify problems and recommend solutions \uf0b7 Ability to achieve competency in Trust \uf0b7 computers systems
Additional RequirementsEssential criteria
- Ability to induct and orientate new staff \uf0b7 to clinical area and to identify the key \uf0b7 learning needs of less experienced staff \uf0b7 practical skills teaching. \uf0b7 Able to demonstrate practical application \uf0b7 of health and safety in relation to acuity \uf0b7 and patient/nurse ratio \uf0b7 Effective management of equipment and \uf0b7 resources \uf0b7 Practical application of Trust documentation standards \uf0b7 Awareness of the RCN competencies framework for work in the Emergency Department
- The ability to understand and behave at all times, towards patients, visitors and colleagues accor