Vision for Education are currently recruiting for experienced Residential Support Workers to work in special educational needs school settings in Greater Manchester.
You must be comfortable working with young people between ages 5 and 19 years who have both learning and physical difficulties. You will be required to work closely with individual students under the guidance of the class teacher, helping them to achieve their daily learning goals.
The schools cater for pupils with learning disabilities and aims to provide the very best support for their students to assist them to have the best outcomes and make the best rates of progress that they possibly can.
Salary is dependent on experience, training or qualifications. The minimum experience, training or qualifications required for this position are:
- Have a minimum of 6 weeks relevant experience
- Have an understanding and positive personality, with a strong ability to us your initiative
- Be available to work between the hours specified above
Vision for Education is committed to safeguarding children and young people. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS check that must be registered on the Update Service.
About Vision for Education
Vision for Education is a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. We are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching and support staff. We have branches across the country, and we are part of the world-renowned education company Tes Global.
What Vision for Education offer
As a valued employee of Vision for Education, you will receive:
- Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
- Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
- Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
- Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers' Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
- FREE online EduCare training package worth £390, including 38 accredited safeguarding and duty of care online courses.
- Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
- Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
How to apply
If you are an individual who can enthuse, motivate and engage students and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment, then we want to hear from you.
Apply today via this website, or for more information about this role and other opportunities across Vision for Education, please contact our Manchester SEND team on 0161 641 3748.
Due to the coronavirus pandemic and to ensure we are fully compliant with Government guidance relating to social distancing, interviews with shortlisted candidates will take place by video call.
We only pay P.A.Y.E, we do not work with umbrella companies.
Salary is dependent on qualifications, experience or training.