Our company is a global leader in manufacturing and designing highly reliable connectivity, power, and control solutions for aerospace, defense, space, and industrial applications. We have served these industries for over 50 years, providing optimal solutions for efficiency, reliability, and performance. Our brands include Beta Transformer Technology Corporation, National Hybrid Inc., North Hills Signal Processing Corp., Pascall Electronics Ltd., and XCEL Power Systems Ltd. We have manufacturing operations in New York, California, Mexico, and the United Kingdom.
We are currently seeking a PCB Layout Designer to join our Engineering Services department and provide support for PCB and Hybrid substrate designs.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Draft PCB designs for printed circuit boards and hybrid/component substrates.
- Contribute to engineering design reviews.
- Collaborate with engineering to ensure design requirements and assembly guidelines are met.
- Coordinate with vendors and purchasing to ensure design guidelines for manufacturability are incorporated and design details are transferred to vendors.
- Facilitate the design, receipt, and inspection of production fixturing, stencils, etc.
- Develop detailed drawings for the overall design and subassemblies.
- Review final documentation for accuracy.
- Ensure all markups have been considered and incorporated.
- Update designs and drawings according to engineering change notice instructions.
- Contribute to developing formal design guidelines.
- Design checklist documents to promote consistent quality.
- 7+ years of experience.
- Associate's degree or equivalent technical training/drafting certification.
- Extensive background in complex multi-layer mixed signal PCB and hybrid designs.
- Able to perform PCB and hybrid layout design using Cadence Allegro 17.2.
- Able to update and modify schematics using Cadence OrCAD 17.2.
- Able to create schematic symbols/footprints and input into Cadence Component Information Portal (CIP).
- Previous experience using AutoCAD LT to create and modify drawings and clean-up DXF artwork for import to Allegro.
- Previous experience using Downstream BluePrint 5.2 to create drill, assembly, and outline drawings, preferred.
- Previous experience using Cadence Engineering Design Management (EDM), preferred.
- Experience creating 3D models of board designs, a plus!
- Experience using SolidWorks 2018, a plus!
- Experience using Intercept Mozaix/Pantheon, a plus!
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
Powered by JazzHR