Career Fair - Maplewood at Newtown
May 19, 2021
11:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
To schedule an interview time, please visit our Online Interview Scheduling Tool at https://#removed#/r/W9LMY75
Maplewood at Newtown, 166 Mount Pleasant Road, Newtown, CT #removed#
Hiring for Part-time positions - Certified Nursing Assistants (CNA), Servers/Waitstaff, Dishwashers, Housekeeper, Concierge/Receptionist (nights/weekend hours
For more info, please call #removed#
Servers - Part Time; Assisted Living
Maplewood Senior Living, an innovative, forward-thinking senior living provider, strives to inspire our associates to learn, develop, and succeed. As we continue to grow, we are seeking devoted and caring Servers to become part of our family.
Maplewood at Newtown is hiring Servers with flexible schedules and rotating weekend availability for Part Time day/evening shifts.
APPLY NOW or join us for our Open Interviews every Thursday, beginning at 10am.
Maplewood at Newtown, 166 Mount Pleasant Rd. Newtown, CT 06470 - just minutes from Danbury!
We offer: ✦ Competitive wages ✦ Flexible shifts ✦ Paid training & uniforms ✦ Growth opportunities ✦ Bonus & incentive programs
The Server is responsible for assisting in the set-up, service and cleaning of the dining room. All responsibilities will be conducted in a manner that is consistent with the Maplewood Senior Living philosophy.
- Performs all assignments prior to the opening of the dining room. A pre-opening list of duties will be posted
- Assists with meal service under supervision of the Dining Service Supervisor or Culinary Services Director
- Assures that the snack area, including front lobby refreshments, is properly stocked and kept neat and clean
- Assists in keeping dining room clean and properly arranged for residents
- Knows the menu and how the food is prepared before each meal
- Perform all assignments after the residents have left the dining room. A closing duties list will be posted
- Attends to other tasks as assigned by the Culinary Services Director
- Be familiar with the OSHA-MSDS sheets and procedures
- Knowledge of fire and safety procedures
- Food handling operations
- Operation of kitchen appliances such as a microwave, coffee maker, ice machine, office equipment, etc.
- Ability to read, write and speak English
Maplewood Senior Living conducts pre-employment screening including background check, drug screening and reference checks.
- Communication Skills
- Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
- Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)