Role purpose :
Travelex is a foreign exchange organization catering to retail/wholesale customers; we serve customers online and in over 1,500 stores, including all the major airports. We have over 1,250 ATMs around the world. We also take care of foreign currency services for partners including banks, supermarkets and travel agencies, extending our reach to over 100 countries and 20,000 locations. As production support team, we are responsible to provide support to our business to ensure minimum downtime and of applications utilized by our end users.
The Technical Support Analyst must be a proactive, all-around person who can do programming, can do techno-functional support, will monitor and maintain interface programs and knows how to execute Basis-related tasks, user and role maintenance.
The Senior SAP technical Analyst L3 must be very confident in ABAP programming for FICO and able to analyse and troubleshoot system issues.
- will be responsible for changes, enhancements and new developments required to support the company’s business model.
- must have sound understanding of Basis functions, be knowledgeable in Event driven jobs and knows how to monitor batch jobs and troubleshoot possible causes of failures, and participate in the change and definition of User Security, and Roles and Profiles maintenance.
- As a developer, he will write new reports, user exits, and interface programs to post transactions to FI Ledgers.
- will be responsible for the technical design, coding, testing, documentation and deployment of SAP development objects that comprise our SAP solution.
Key Performance Indicators (KPI)
- Shift adherence.
- Required to work 24/7
- Required to work in shift following (Australia time zone, Middle East, Europe)
- Flexible in terms of shift scheduling, providing on call support etc.
- Log time recording statistics, for monthly reporting, against all tasks.
- Be an effective member of the team.
- Be adaptable to change.
- Be able to work under pressure.
- Have good interpersonal skills and be an effective communicator – both written and verbal.
- Understand the concepts of the agreed support SLA’s.
- Adhering to Resolution SLA based on priority of tickets.
- Process adherence in terms of aligning issues with IR/CR or PR.
- IR/ CR completed and assigned as per agreed SLA’s
- Timely assignment of tickets and follow up.
- Problems resolved in a timely manner.
- Users providing positive feedback on work undertaken.
- Timely submissions of Timesheet.
- Willingness to take KT for new applications within Support areas.
- Recognition received from users and monthly/quarterly awards from management.
- Number of unplanned/sick leaves.
- Responsiveness during on call support.
- Dependable and polite and courteous use of language, both written and verbal.
Key interfaces / Team relationships
- Technical interfaces that daily feeds into and out from SAP
- Other TVX technical teams to follow up on file delivery / interface troubleshooting
- SAP MDM/Ops team to follow up on functional issues
- Business users
- SAP Roadmap Delivery team
Role-specific experience and skills
- Ability to work in a high pressure, deadline driven environment managing multiple priorities. He should be ready to work in shifts including weekends on an on-call basis as well as on site.
- Excellent communication skills, experience working with individuals in remote locations preferred
- Experience working within a large organization supporting busy and imperative applications and resolving issues in a timely manner for BAU activities to run smoothly.
- Experience in working in Project environment to meet predefined go-live dates
- A good team player who has the same high level of commitment as the rest of the team and must be willing to work outside immediate team to deliver on common organizational goals. Open to suggestions and willing to share skills/knowledge within the team.
- Minimum 5+ years of experience in ABAP development and technical support for Finance and Controlling (FICO) IT Degree and also accredited SAP course and strong experience in ABAP, Data Transfer (BDC and LSMW), Sapscripts, Smartforms, Data Dictionary, BADI and BAPI
- Must have written classic, interactive, ALV and OOPS reports. Confident in Module Pools, BAPI’s, User Exits, BADI’s, Enhancements.
- Experienced in writing upload programs and understands Logical Database
- Strong Analytical and Problem solving skills to facilitate issues’ root cause determination
- Being a technical expert with experience in all facets of Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Must have a proven track record in SAP implementations, enhancement and support projects. Experienced in the application of SAP Notes.
- Experience in the implementation of Enhancement Packages
Technical skills Mandatory
- ABAP Programming
- Debugging Skills
- Data Dictionary
- Reports (Classic, Interactive, ALV)
- SAPscript, Smartforms
- Batch Monitoring
- Data Migration (LSMW, BDC, BAPI)
- Function Modules and Function Groups
- Module Pool Programming
- Enhancement framework, BADI, User Exits
- Validation and Substitution
- Technical Documentation
- Basis monitoring, transport management, user and role maintenance
- Educational Qualification – Resource must possess bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, related fields, or equivalent experience.
- Certification in SAP will be an added advantage
- Should possess basic knowledge on ITIL V3. Certification in ITIL V3 will be a definite advantage.