- Knowledge of insurance guidelines
- Follow up on unpaid claims within standard billing cycle timeframe
- Check each insurance payment for accuracy
- Call insurance companies regarding any discrepancy in payments or denials if necessary
- Identify and bill secondary or tertiary insurances
- Review patient bills for accuracy and completeness and obtain any missing information requested by the insurance
- All accounts are to be reviewed for insurance or patient follow-up
- Answer all patient or insurance telephone inquiries pertaining to assigned accounts.
- Responsible for safeguarding patient records and ensuring compliance with HIPAA standards.
- Attention to detail for medical records, as well as consistent application of medical privacy regulations to guard against unauthorized disclosure
- Critical thinking skills
- Detail oriented
- Time management skills
- Organizational Skills
- Ability to handle stressful situations
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Computer skills
Performs other clerical tasks as needed, such as:
- Prepares new patient charts, gathering documents and information from paper sources and/or electronic health record.
- Ensures medical records are assembled in standard order and are accurate and complete.
- Creates digital images of paperwork to be stored in the electronic medical record.
- Files paperwork and reports in patient charts, ensuring they are completed in an accurate and timely manner.
- Ensures files are stored in the designated area according to storage procedures.
- Responds to requests for patient records, both within the facility and by external sources, retrieving them and transmitting them appropriately.
- Retrieves medical records from offsite chart storage facilities when needed.
STARS is built around a team of performance trainers, doctors, and 10,000 square foot facility collide to provide athletes of all levels the tools needed to perform at their highest level. Our philosophy is rooted in science and bolstered by experience. Working with each athlete, our experienced staff is able to identify and eliminate deficiencies, thus ensuring maximum athletic capability is reached. Based in Anaheim, California, our team of doctors and trainers utilize the latest in performance training, injury prevention/correction, and sports nutrition. Our approach is a unique blend of science and experience that identifies and eliminates barriers that limit athletic potential.
Role: Medical Billing/Coding
Apply for this job now.