Transdev is actively hiring full-time bus drivers for their university shuttle service in Orlando, FL. We are looking for safe, friendly drivers to help passengers move around throughout campus in Orlando using shuttle service. Come join the largest private-sector operator of public transportation in North America - one that cares about its employees, passengers and their communities.
Operates and drives a transit bus and transports passengers safely in accordance with Company policy and local, county, state, and federal laws.
- Performs pre-trip and post-trip inspections of assigned vehicle; sets correct destination and route signs
- Operates various types of vehicles, as assigned, safely, in all types of weather and traffic conditions, according to printed passenger schedules and Operators schedules
- Arrives and signs in on time; works hours as scheduled; wears clean, neat uniforms
- Picks up and discharges passengers at designated bus stops safely; regulates heating and ventilating equipment on the bus for the comfort of passengers
- Follows fare collection procedures; guards against transfer abuse; hands in fare box at end of shift.
- Reports all accidents, incidents, or unusual occurrences to dispatch office immediately; submits written reports on accidents, incidents or unusual occurrences as required
- Accurately completes all reports
- Follows rules and regulations of the Company
- Adheres to all regulations related to the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA); correctly operates wheelchair lift with proper safety restraints as requested by the customer
- Provides transit information to passengers as needed
- Other duties as required.
Education, Licensing, and Certifications Preferred:
- High school diploma or equivalent, such as GED, preferred.
- 1 year or more of bus or other heavy duty vehicle driving experience required.
Skills and Knowledge Required:
- Good motor skills, good hearing, accurate color perception
- Ability to apply proper driving procedures
- Ability to learn transit routes and schedules and adapt to changes; ability to read a map
- Ability to read, understand, and interpret transit system operating rules, regulations, policies, and routes
- Ability to assist handicapped passengers when needed
- Basic math and writing skills
- Clear speech
- Travel requirement (as a percent): 100% of time is spent in the field
Licensing and Certification:
- Ability to obtain and maintain for the duration of employment a Passenger for Hire Badge, if applicable.
- Valid CDL license with passenger endorsement and airbrakes for CDL positions.
- Must present an original Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) issued within the last 30 days and according to company, state and contract requirements. You must meet the following standards:
No homicide, manslaughter, or assault convictions associated with the operation of a motor vehicle.
- No convictions for driving while intoxicated within the past seven (7) years.
- No more than two (2) minor moving violations within the past 36 months.
- No major moving violations within the past 36 months, including but not limited to: failure to stop at the scene of an accident, driving with a revoked license, possession of an opened alcoholic container, attempting to elude an officer, etc.
- No more than one (1) ticketed at-fault accident within the past 36 months.
- Transdev will review the existence of any violations or convictions and may deny employment based on a violation, conviction, or pattern of violations/convictions indicating safety risks.
- Must be willing to undergo random drug testing.
- 90% of work is accomplished outside.
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time and be exposed to repetitive motion, jarring, and noise.
- Performs physical activities that require considerable use of the arms, repetitive hand-wrist motion, rapid eye movement and peripheral vision (no night blindness), and legs and moving the whole body, such as climbing stairs, pushing, pulling, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, bending, and handling of passengers and materials. Must be able to lift or handle up to 100 pounds (i.e., strapping in passengers and the loading and unloading passengers, etc.).
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently works in outside weather conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals and vibrations.
For more information please visit our website at #removed#/careers The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions upon request.
Transdev is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion or other legally protected status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. EEO is the Law Poster: #
Drug free workplace
If based in the United States, applicants must be eligible to work in US without restrictions for any employer at any time; be able to pass a drug screen and background check
Transdev is the largest private provider of multiple modes of transport in North America, and operate in 19 countries on six continents. At Transdev, we are in the business of uniting communities. Every year, from coast to coast, we safely help more than 250 million people get to work, to study, to shop or to see their families.
Our 20,000 transit professionals include employees with expertise in a variety of fields in our transit, rail and on-demand businesses. As the largest private-sector provider of multiple modes of transportation in North America, we want to help build your career. Join our team today and help us usher in a new era of transportation that is safer, more sustainable, efficient and innovative
Role: Bus Operator $1000 Sign On (Weekends Off)
Apply for this job now.