SCOPE OF WORK:
- Proactively monitor and review application/infrastructure performance.
- Handle on-call and emergency support.
- Triage and fast analysis of incidents/problems and find ad-hoc solutions/workarounds.
- Ensure software has good logging and diagnostics.
- Help triage support tickets.
- Communicate incidents and solutions, etc. accurately, clearly, and effectively in writing, in person, and on the phone across interdisciplinary teams.
- Isolate cause of failure from log analysis using tools like Dynatrace and Splunk, knowledge of the environment/application, and verbal/written descriptions of the environment/application failure.
- Create and maintain operational runbooks.
- Contribute to overall product roadmap.
- Verify operational readiness.
- Work on feature request, defects, and other development tasks.
- Participate in a 24/7 365 on-call rotation.
- Spend 80% of their time doing ''ops'' related work such as issues, on-call, and manual intervention.
- Spend the other 20% of their time on development tasks such as new features, scaling or automation.
- The ideal candidate is a programmer who also has operational, systems or networking knowledge, and likes to whittle down complex tasks.
- SOAP & Restful WebServices
- Spring WebServices and Spring MVC
- Java 7+ AND J2EE
- XML, XSD, WSDL
- MS SQL (Microsoft SQL server), JDBC, DB2, ORACLE
- Akka Frame work is a plus
- Eclipse & RAD IDE
- WAS 7.0/8.0, TOMCAT app
- servers/cloud technologies
- End to End Troubleshooting across the tech stack
- Experience with monitoring frame works like Dynatrace and splunk
- Knowledge of SMACK platform (Spark, Mesos, Akka, Cassandra, and Kafka) is a plus
- SOAP & Restful WebServices
- MVC & Mobile frameworks
- NoSQL database
- Angular & node JS
- Linux/Unix basics
- MS or BS in Computer Science
- $37.00 - $48.00 per hour, depending on experience.
Background checks required:
- SSN verification
- 5 year statewide criminal
No travel is required.
No remote work is available for this position, local candidates only please.
No candidates through agencies and no corp to corp.
eCruise Managed Services, Inc. is committed to placing superior applicants with successful companies. The jobs we post are for short-term contract, long-term contract, or contract with the possibility of direct hire with our client. We only advertise job postings when a client has specifically requested that we fill that position. There is never a fee for applying for a job posting with us and we will never ask you for credit card or bank account information. We are part of the staffing network partnership with top cruise lines and to remain part of this network, eCruise must continue to meet the expectations, benchmarks, program requirements, and metrics to maintain compliance across every program in which we participate.
Offering both classic and proactive support, professional services, database management, staffing services, and cloud services, eCruise Managed Services, Inc. is an industry leader with years of experience in shipboard operations and specifically the Oracle Hospitality Cruise product line.
If you have what it takes to become part of a dynamic, fast paced industry then click the following link for available contract opportunities: #
Sorry, we do not work with agencies or corp to corp.
Role: Senior App Support Operations Engineer - Cruise Industry
Apply for this job now.