Nuclear Medicine Technician needed for 13-week travel position in beautiful San Francisco, CA!
Perform Nuclear Medicine procedures and activities while collaborating with members of the healthcare team to promote total patient care.
- Calculate, measure and record radiation dosage or radiopharmaceuticals received, used and disposed, using computer and following physician's prescription.
- Detect and map radiopharmaceuticals in patients' bodies, using a camera to produce photographic or computer images.
- Explain test procedures and safety precautions to patients and provide them with assistance during test procedures.
- Administer radiopharmaceuticals or radiation to patients to detect or treat diseases, using radioisotope equipment, under direction of physician.
- Produce a computer-generated or film image for interpretation by a physician.
- Process cardiac function studies, using computer.
- Dispose of radioactive materials and store radiopharmaceuticals, following radiation safety procedures.
- Record and process results of procedures.
- Prepare stock radiopharmaceuticals, adhering to safety standards that minimize radiation exposure to workers and patients.
- Maintain and calibrate radioisotope and laboratory equipment.
- Gather information on patients' illnesses and medical history to guide the choice of diagnostic procedures for therapy.
- Measure glandular activity, blood volume, red cell survival, and radioactivity of patient, using scanners, Geiger counters, scintillometers, and other laboratory equipment.
- Position radiation fields, radiation beams, and patient to allow for most effective treatment of patient's disease, using computer.
- Add radioactive substances to biological specimens, such as blood, urine and feces, to determine therapeutic drug or hormone levels.
- Graduate of accredited Nuclear Medicine Technology Program.
- Current CNMT or ARRT licence.
- Current CA license
- Prefer one year relevant experience as a radiology technician.
- Current Health Certificate (if applicable).
- Current PPD or Chest X-Ray.
- Current BLS card.
- Direct Deposit Available
- Travel Stipends Available
- Weekly Pay
- Daily Pay Available!!
- Medical/Dental/401K available after 6 months of full-time * See HR for details*
Founded and headquartered in Scottsdale, AZ, Concentric Healthcare Solutions specializes in healthcare employment with an emphasis in nursing and allied health. Concentric exhibits a passion for partnering with our clients to become an integral part or their staffing solution. Concentric representatives actively listen to our clients' need for continuity of care.
To accommodate our clients' dynamic needs, Concentric Healthcare Staffing offers registry services to provide staff on a 24/7 basis. Many of our clients chose to enhance their recruiting process by taking advantage of the temporary, temp-to-hire, and direct placement service offerings.
As the demand for quality healthcare professionals continues to grow, utilizing supplemental staffing companies has become a necessity. Concentric Healthcare Staffing is a healthcare registry and placement firm that provides professionals to medical facilities on a 24/7 basis. Our client facilities will experience the highest level of client service in addition to the most qualified healthcare professionals in the industry.
Role: Travel Nuclear Medicine Technologist
Location: San Francisco,
Apply for this job now.