Assistant Technical Manager/Norfolk/ Salary up to: £40K
Contract Personnel has a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Assistant Technical Manager to join our client, a fast growing and successful business based in Norfolk. Our client, a food manufacturer is looking for a technical professional to manage and support the team in providing a comprehensive Quality Assurance service.
The Assistant Technical Manager will be partly responsible for effective delivery of the Quality Management System as well as deliver technical administration tools for different aspects of the job.
- Deputise for the Technical Manager in their absence.
- Be involved in maintaining and improving systems within the Technical Department.
- Ensure relevant standards, HACCP based as appropriate, are communicated, understood and applied to meet Food Safety, Quality, Legality & customer specified requirements.
- Actively involved in maintaining, meeting and developing technical KPI's
- Be involved in specification compliance.
- Be involved in maintaining contracted services (laboratory, hygiene, pest control)
- General administration duties; compiling and tending data reports, responding to customer queries and complaints trending.
- Active involvement, assist and lead when deemed appropriate with customer visits and audits in internal, and with appropriate training external auditing,
- Active involvement in continuous processing improvements. Understanding the processing requirements of the site CCP's, process controls, yields etc.
- Assist with factory trials and supervise projects
- safety and legality. Maintaining records and documentation relating to process control
Qualifications and required skills:
- Demonstrates strong people management skills
- Previous experience within a similar Technical / QA Management role in a FMCG environment
- Working experience of HACCP, BRC & retailers code of practice
- Food Science degree would be desirable
- Computer literate in all Microsoft packages
This is a Monday to Friday, 08:00 - 17:00 permanent role, offering a basic salary of £35,000 to £40,000 depending on experience.
If you would like to find more about this exciting opportunity, please contact Paulina 01603 764 044 or apply online or send your CV #removed#-personnel.ltd.uk