Senior Process Design Engineer
- A world leader in designing and delivering biopharmaceutical manufacturing facilities based on modular construction technology
- We offer our clients complete modular facilities from concept to production including process design, facility design and engineering, fabrication, installation, commissioning and validation.
Overview of Role
- As a Process Engineer, you will have the opportunity to develop and lead design studies of Biotech and Pharma processes and apply your expertise in cGMP manufacturing of biopharmaceuticals to drive projects from design to delivery plans
- You will be involved in cross-functional collaborations with both internal and external collaborators as well as participate in client meetings
- In this role, you will develop optimized process designs for our clients' pharmaceutical or biotech facility projects
- Together with the multi-skilled project team, called the Front-End design team, you will help take the process design from a concept to a finalized state-of-the art manufacturing facility in compliance with regulatory demands
- You will engage with our Chinese colleagues on a daily basis and also travel to Shanghai for induction and training and for specific projects.
- We are looking for someone with a can-do attitude, high sense of ownership and a problem-solving mind-set who seeks an exciting workplace with dedicated people
Key duties and responsibilities
- Lead Design studies of Biotech and Pharma processes
- Develop and review facility and process layouts including material, product and personnel flows
- Develop and review Process Flow Diagrams, Process Descriptions and User Requirement Specifications (URS)
- Support process validation activities
- Keep contact with equipment suppliers for bioreactors, downstream processing, formulation systems and fill & finish systems
- Participate in client meetings and provide subject matter expertise in process design for manufacturing of biopharmaceuticals
- MSc Engineering degree
- Minimum of 10 years of experience of process design and project management preferably within the pharmaceutical or biotech industry
- Knowledge of cGMP manufacturing of pharmaceuticals and industry regulatory standards.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and ability to communicate in a business environment.