Sourcing and Logistics Associate
Wilmington, DE 19805
Sourcing and Logistics Associate is a global position instrumental in supporting the sourcing agreement and transactional work for sites in North America and Puerto Rico.
Sourcing and Logistics Associate Responsibilities:
- Preparing, negotiating, managing, and coordinating agreements supporting the procurement of various materials and services.
- Perform market research and analysis to understand labor/market rates for services to enable better negotiations.
- Scrutinize proposals from suppliers for unnecessary charges and mark-ups.
- May work independently to set up auctions for buyers.
- Serve as a resource to new buyers regarding BRRP and S&L policies and procedures.
- After negotiations are complete by buyer, independently lead and handle all end-to-end processes. This includes setting up agreements appropriately, ensuring proper T’s and C’s were used by buyer and raising questions/concerns if any are found.
- Network with key resources to establish rules where they do not exist due to creative negotiations by the buyer.
- Serve as key contact to handle day-to-day needs of the sites and suppliers, as well as use discretionary judgement to resolve issues that may arise in the absence of the buyer.
Sourcing and Logistics Associate Qualifications:
- Candidates must have strong customer service skills, be client focused and possess very strong interpersonal skills
- Candidates must possess strong computer (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Lotus Notes) capability and procurement systems (DSAP, NEXUS, SAP, eZSource) experience.
- Has experience in more than one buy category.
Every day at Hunter International, we connect clients with the best and brightest talent in their industry. We provide leading organizations nationwide with recruiting solutions that ensure an efficient and timely hiring process. In addition, we seek to understand job seekers’ skills and accomplishments, forging a career path that will enable them to reach their professional goals.
Hunter International Recruiting is certified as a women’s business enterprise through the Women’s Business Enterprise National Council (WBENC), the nation’s largest third party certifier of businesses owned and operated by women in the US. We recognize the commitment to supplier diversity that is embraced by corporations and government agencies today, and we can add diversity to your supply chain.
Follow us on Twitter: @hirecruiting
Like us on Facebook: Hunter International
Follow us on Instagram: @hunterinternational
Role: Sourcing and Logistics Associate
Apply for this job now.