Progeny Systems is a privately held, high-tech small business that provides premium systems, services, and products for the Department of Defense, government agencies and commercial clients. We are a technology leader in numerous areas including: technology insertion; acoustic sensors; signal processing; combat systems; torpedoes; cyber security; biometrics; knowledge management; undersea vehicles; open architecture; electromagnetic maneuver warfare; electronics packaging; and image/video processing/analysis. Progeny Systems is seeking a Mid-Level Electrical Engineer for its team in Salt Lake City, UT location. The ideal candidate should be able to:
- Perform Project Engineering tasks to lead a technical team to conclusion of specified tasks.
- Take a set of performance requirements and convert them into a design. Then document the design so that it can be manufactured and tested to validate that the hardware meets the specification.
- Strong computer skills required in regards to configuration management and maintenance of designs and documentation.
- Be able to estimate and report on Project Engineering status to Program Management.
Duties and Responsibilities
Have the ability to work with other engineering colleagues and disciplines (Mechanical, Electrical, Software/Firmware, Manufacturing, Quality or System Engineers) as a team to ensure compliance with hardware requirements.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Experience in at least 3-5 technical areas listed below. Any combination is acceptable.
- Experience in analog design
- Experience with amplifiers, transformers and magnetics
- Experience in digital design
- Experience in digital ASIC/FPGA development
- Extensive past experience in FPGA integration and testing, board and system hardware testing
- Excellent knowledge of digital circuit, logic design and timing analysis
- Experience writing embedded software in C/C++
- Experience with simulation and modeling of digital communications systems
- Experience with Matlab, Simulink and/or other simulation and modeling tools/languages
- Experience with Verilog or VHDL languages
- Experience with OrCAD or other electrical design capture software
- IT experience with Windows computer set up and network configurations
- Experience with PSpice analysis
- Experience in generating technical procedures and reports
BS inDigital System Design/Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering orequivalent experience
5-10 yearsof project engineering experience required
This position requires the applicant to obtain and maintain a DoD Clearance.
Physical and Mental Requirements for all positions:
•Prolonged stationary periods at a desk
•General ability to operate computer and other productivity machinery such as calculator, copy machine, printer, etc.
•Ability to lift and transport up to 15 pounds at times
•Effectively communicate with others
•Ability to stay focused and provide attention to detail.
•Ability to think analytically and apply problem solving skills to scenarios throughout the course of the workday
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please contact our recruiting department at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 703.368.6107. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
To learn more about the Benefits offered by Progeny Systems, including a minimum $1,000 sign-on bonus for all new hires, please visit our website at #removed#/careers.
About Progeny Systems
Progeny Systems is a privately held, high-tech small business that provides premium systems, services, and products for the Department of Defense, government agencies and commercial clients. We are a technology leader in numerous areas including: technology insertion; acoustic sensors; signal processing; combat systems; torpedoes; cyber security; biometrics; knowledge management; undersea vehicles; open architecture; electromagnetic maneuver warfare; electronics packaging; and image/video processing/analysis.
Progeny System's ability to leverage flexibility, rapid turnaround, customer responsiveness, and encourage an environment for experimental research has been critical to our success in developing, producing and supporting numerous mission critical national defense systems.
Progeny has provided highly complex products/programs to the United States Government in collaboration with the following agencies, among others:
- United States Navy
- United States Air Force
- United States Army
- Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA)
- National Aeronautics & Space Administration (NASA)