This position entails prepping food items, cooking, placing stock in proper storage areas, cleaning and maintaining work areas and kitchens, and overall production for all Food & Beverage venues.
- Actively supports the company culture of creating a fun and entertaining experience for internal and external guests.
- Cooks and prepares a variety of foods, quantities, styles, according to the menu and demand of the business.
- Uses and or learns proper knife skills, cooking techniques, cooking methods and terminology.
- Reads, understands and follows standardized recipes when preparing all foods for all food venues and outlets.
- Understands and follows through with all assigned tasks.
- Maintains and communicates with Food and Beverage management regarding the foods/products needed to ensure safe par levels and proper stock levels.
- Responsible for maintaining a clean, organized and sanitized work area all while following all tribal, city, state and federal health/food safety regulations and codes.
- Responsible for making sure that all areas of their assigned venue/outlet/kitchen are taken care of and all assigned duties are completed.
- Ensuring that all venues are completely ready to open by designated time set by management.
- Responsible for all food/storage areas (refrigeration, freezer, and dry storage) are kept clean, organized, labeled and dated.
- Responsible for all equipment, tools, floors, work stations and food prep areas are kept clean and organized; as well as free from all clutter, trash and non-approved items.
- Responsible for being able to communicate well with team members while maintaining a positive and professional work environment.
- Contributes to a team effort and accomplishing all tasks.
- Performs other duties as required.
Education and/or Experience (include certs or licenses needed):
- High school degree or GED preferred and one year of recent experience as a cook or as a prep cook; or equivalent combination of recent experience and education.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Candidate will have strong interpersonal skills, enjoy and create a team environment.
- Must be able to communicate in English; Bilingual in Spanish a plus.
- Able and willing to work cooperatively with other team members.
- Must be able to work weekends and holidays, as well as flexible shifts and hours due to business needs.
- Must demonstrate excellent guest service skills; position requires constant interaction with guests.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 lbs., while performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand for long periods of time and occasionally stand, walk, use hands and fingers, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, knee, crouch or crawl, talk and hear.
Red Mile team members are driven by their desire to create outstanding experiences for both our patrons and fellow employees. We pride ourselves on being a part of an organization whose focus is to bring world-class entertainment to those living in and visiting the “Horse Racing Capital of the World.” If you aspire to create memorable experiences, we invite you to explore our exciting and dynamic career opportunities.