JOB TYPE: Permanent
One of the world`s leading manufacturers and suppliers of high quality, aluminium and steel window, door and façade systems seek an experienced Technical Director / Head of Technical Services to be the future strategic lead in terms of technical excellence, design, innovation, safety, quality, and process development.
SALARY: Comprehensive Highly Competitive Remuneration Package including Significant Base Salary, Guaranteed Annual Bonus.
BENEFITS: Executive Company Car, Pension and other Group Benefits
AREA: Based at their UK Head Office in Milton Keynes. Buckinghamshire
THE COMPANY - Technical Director / Head of Technical Services
One of the world`s leading manufacturers and suppliers of cutting-edge, high quality, aluminium and steel windows, doors and façade systems, providing innovative solutions for some of the world`s most iconic buildings.
Operating in over 80 countries worldwide, our systems are specified time and again by the world`s leading architects and construction companies, and meet the highest levels in terms of design, comfort, security, legislation and energy efficiency.
We consistently strive to be THE industry leader; best by far in terms of product, service and delivery.
To ensure we maintain this market position, we wish to recruit an industry specific, Technical Director to be the future strategic lead in terms of technical excellence, design, innovation, safety, quality and process development.
We would be delighted to receive applications from individuals who meet the following criteria:
* Relevant engineering or architectural degree (ideally Façade Engineering) and/or appropriate technical qualification e.g. Construction or General Engineering
* Significant experience as a Technical Director or Head of Technical Services within the window, door and façade systems market with the ability to lead and develop others through CPD. Alternatively, an ambitious No.2 looking to step up into the lead role where that opportunity is not available within their current organisation
* Knowledge of façade systems to include; design, curtain walling, steel and standards for aluminium.
IT IS HIGHLY LIKELY YOU WILL HAVE:
* Worked within an environment where continuous improvement is at the forefront of that organisation
* Significant experience of managing, training and developing Technical Projects, Product Management, Quality and Technical Service Engineering teams through CPD
* Taken a pivotal role in driving a Technical Quality agenda within your organisation, both strategically and operationally, resolving any technical/quality disputes, Health and Safety risks/issues that arise
* Experience of Working knowledge of CE Marking, Secured by Design, industry standards and regulations
* Working knowledge of related building regulations specific to our industry sector, both in the UK and Europe
KEY PERSONAL QUALITIES AND ATTRIBUTES INCLUDE:
* Inspirational. Strategic. Collaborative. Pragmatic – ability to switch from strategic thinker to implementer with a focus on the future
* Diplomatic and challenging when required with the gravitas and experience to lead a team to effectively adapt quickly to the business` needs and challenges
* A quality and results led approach to all you do
TECHNICAL DIRECTOR - JOB OVERVIEW
A detailed specification will be made available to those who are shortlisted, but in brief, you will:
* Strategically lead the work of the Technical Project Offices (MK and London), Product Management, Quality Department and Technical Service Engineering team. Accountabilities include defining the strategy for these departments and all technical aspects including design, safety, innovation, quality, and development of new processes through effective use of resources.
* Promote and embed a culture of continuous improvement, project, quality and technical excellence to meet and exceed targets for customer satisfaction and market innovation
* Develop leading edge support functions through monitoring and making continual improvements for policy and good practice for all departments in line with Group guidelines, best practice and industry standards.
* Actively contribute to, and participate in, the overall strategy of the Company and endeavour to embrace Company values whilst striving for the best possible quality.
* Work closely with, and guide the Managing Director on the best path for strategic growth whilst ensuring balance is achieved with operational and commercial needs for the departments and Company.
Please Note - We have been selected as the exclusive retained partner for this role so any direct applications to our client from candidates or agencies will be forwarded on to us direct.
INTERESTED? Please apply to our retained consultant John Gowen quoting Technical Director, reference JG1711-06 to DD: +44 (0)(Apply online only) Wallace Hind Selection. The Old Vicarage. Duston. Northants. NN5 6JB. Tel: +44 (0) (Apply online only). Please note that the postcodes used for this vacancy are for searching purposes only, they may not refer exactly to where the role is based