Summary: The position is responsible for the training of key positions in the operations of Fourteen Foods Dairy Queen restaurants.
• Instruct trainees on effective management techniques.
• Teach procedures for dealing with conflict on the job and motivational techniques to spur better performance and service.
• Engage trainees to better prepare them for realistic situations on the job.
• Teach all aspects of operating a Dairy Queen restaurant including how to cook and prepare food, portion sizes, running the register, opening and closing procedures, how to identify theft, making bank deposits, crew training material and Customer Complaint Resolution.
• Instruct trainees on procedures for hiring new employees and how to fill out necessary paperwork.
• Teach all aspects of Labor Laws for individual states, i.e. breaks, minors, scheduling, etc.
• Instruct trainees on procedures for detailed cleaning, maintenance, sanitation and safety.
• Instruct/Teach the Management Staff and Crew in the designated Training Location our Fourteen Foods Culture, Systems and Routines to ensure excellent conditions to train our Trainees.
• Ability to meet and exceed expectations within a fast-paced work environment.
• Strong management and organizational skills.
• Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
• ServSafe Proctor/Instructor.
• Willing to travel 35% of work hours.
• Restaurant or retail marketing experience.
• Franchise business experience.
• Past experience in the Training Field of Quick Serve Restaurants.
Fourteen Foods provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. We encourage applicants of all ages and experience, as we do not discriminate on the basis of an applicant's age. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.