An established, growing automotive company is currently looking to add a Supplier Quality Engineer
to their Quality Department who has prior experience working with electronic components. This person will interact with suppliers in developing, maintaining, and improving quality and logistic performance, as well as supporting the company in investigation and resolution of all issues related to the supply base.Responsibilities
- Conducts quality, technical and system assessments, in support of new sourcing, to determine if a supplier's quality systems, technical competency and environmental policies meet expectations
- Leads initial supplier orientation, provides on-board training as required. Active participant of sourcing council and commodity teams - providing the quality detail required to support source selection and rationalization
- Provides supplier with technical oversight and expertise in areas such as process development, PFEMA, Measurement Systems, Control Plans and Error Proofing
- Leads APQP reviews with suppliers which include design specifications, pass thru identification, safe launch control, launch readiness and Run @ Rate
- Drives process and systemic quality improvements, at assigned supplier sites, through the use of quality tools (SPC, Lean, Six Sigma) and validates improvements through defined measurables to reduce quality non-conformances supplier corrective action request "SCAR”
- Continually monitors "SCAR(Supplier Corrective Action Response” status and works with suppliers and plant incoming quality to minimize quality impact to our operations and customer
- Performs advanced analysis (Commodity, Quality Systems, PPM) to determine trends along with proposed actions to drive performance improvement
- Bachelors Degree
- 2+ years in Quality Engineering and experience with the supplier quality engineering function.
- Prior electronics quality experience
- In-depth knowledge of quality engineering techniques.
- Proficient in all basic quality tools i.e. problem solving such as 8D, root causes analysis. 5 Why, etc.
Role: Supplier Quality Engineer
Apply for this job now.